classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
MCA4213 MCA4213
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can not display large polygon on projected map

Hello ,
I have a world shapefile that I want to load it on the map.
On geocentric map it is working correctly; but on projected map the Russia polygon is not loaded.

Also a strange behavior is happening to the LabelControl text as you can see in the images (Perhaps because of the changes made on osgText recently).

Some compilation errors  has happened when compiling the osgEarth with the latest OSG, as for "setGlyphImageMargin" that does not exist anymore.

ShapeFile:defaultLayer.rar

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can not display large polygon on projected map

Confirmed - reason unknown.
It happens under OSG 3.4 as well, by the way, so not related to newer OSG version.

As for the text, yes I'd assume it has something to do with the new Text implementation as well. osgEarth generates its own text shaders so these probably conflict with OSG's. We will need to address that moving forward once the OSG implementation stabilizes.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
MCA4213 MCA4213
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can not display large polygon on projected map

Hi,
First thanks for the answer,

I think I have figured out what is the problem with the Russia polygon. I think that the problem as you can see in the image bellow is that the Russia polygon  is on both side of the map, so perhaps osgEarth is incapable to draw it on projected map (on geocentric map, this problem logicaly does not exist).

For my case, I just removed the left part because I just need it as background to be able to load the full world map, but for real solution, I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!

Thank you.