classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Nelson A. Cysneros Nelson A. Cysneros
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Crash on xmlutils::load:XML_ParserCreate

Has anyone else had problems getting expact-2.0.1 configured correctly with osgEarth?  (I'm running windows XP)
I'm just trying to run "osgviewer yahoo_maps.earth" and it crashes at XmlUtils.cpp at the Load function on line XML_Parser parser = XML_ParserCreate( NULL ); with an "Access violation reading location" Message.

I pointed $EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR to expactInstalldir/lib and $EXPACT_LIBRARY to expactInstalldir/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib on cMake.  Added expactInstalldir/win32/bin/debug to $PATH

The weird thing is that I always need to add the expact lib path and expact lib file to the VS properties windows after a cmake compiles everything or else osgEarth will not build.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Crash on xmlutils::load:XML_ParserCreate

Hi,

I've been using Expat 2.0.1 all along.  You should be able to point the EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR to C:/Program Files/Expat 2.0.1/Source/lib and the EXPAT_LIBRARY to C:/Program Files/Expat 2.0.1/Bin/libexpat.lib.  Then if you stick C:\Program Files\Expat 2.0.1\Bin in your path, it should be alright.

Does it work for you under Release mode?

Also, what version of CMake are you using?  I'm using CMake 2.6 patch 2 and don't see the same issue you are seeing with EXPAT not being added to the VS project.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM, ncysnero (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone else had problems getting expact-2.0.1 configured correctly with osgEarth?  (I'm running windows XP)
I'm just trying to run "osgviewer yahoo_maps.earth" and it crashes at XmlUtils.cpp at the Load function on line XML_Parser parser = XML_ParserCreate( NULL ); with an "Access violation reading location" Message.

I pointed $EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR to expactInstalldir/lib and $EXPACT_LIBRARY to expactInstalldir/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib on cMake.  Added expactInstalldir/win32/bin/debug to $PATH

The weird thing is that I always need to add the expact lib path and expact lib file to the VS properties windows after a cmake compiles everything or else osgEarth will not build.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Crash-on-xmlutils%3A%3Aload%3AXML_ParserCreate-tp2266550p2266550.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Nelson A. Cysneros
Hello again ncysnero,

I just downloaded CMake 2.4 and was getting the same linking issue you were.  I've committed a fix for that and Expat 2.0.1 should be automatically detected and build fine in Debug.  Can you get the latest and let me know if this fixes your issue?

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Jason Beverage <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've been using Expat 2.0.1 all along.  You should be able to point the EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR to C:/Program Files/Expat 2.0.1/Source/lib and the EXPAT_LIBRARY to C:/Program Files/Expat 2.0.1/Bin/libexpat.lib.  Then if you stick C:\Program Files\Expat 2.0.1\Bin in your path, it should be alright.

Also, what version of CMake are you using?  I'm using CMake 2.6 patch 2 and don't see the same issue you are seeing with EXPAT not being added to the VS project.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM, ncysnero (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Crash-on-xmlutils%3A%3Aload%3AXML_ParserCreate-tp2266550p2266550.html

Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Nelson A. Cysneros
Hi ncysnero,

For some reason it appears that my fixes aren't working for CMake 2.4.8, although I swear they were last night when I was working on it:)  I'll look again at it this evening and let you know what I find out.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Jason Beverage <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again ncysnero,

I just downloaded CMake 2.4 and was getting the same linking issue you were.  I've committed a fix for that and Expat 2.0.1 should be automatically detected and build fine in Debug.  Can you get the latest and let me know if this fixes your issue?

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Jason Beverage <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Jason

Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Thanks for your help.  I was not able to get rid of the linking error using Cmake2.4 but I did use CMake 2.6 patch 2 and I did not get any linking errors. Their also seems to be a lot more in my VS properties now.  

However I'm still getting the crash on xmlutils::load:XML_ParserCreate.  Its probably due to the way I built the Expat libraries.  I don't think I made any changes, but I'll try to re-download it and build them again.  I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Here is my CMakeCache file, in case you are curious:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
########################
# EXTERNAL cache entries
########################

//Append the OSG version number to the osgPlugins directory
APPEND_OPENSCENEGRAPH_VERSION:BOOL=ON

//For backwards compatibility, what version of CMake commands and
// syntax should this version of CMake try to support.
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY:STRING=2.4

//Semicolon separated list of supported configuration types, only
// supports Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, and RelWithDebInfo, anything
// else will be ignored.
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES:STRING=Debug;Release;MinSizeRel;RelWithDebInfo

//C++ compiler
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe

//Flags used by the compiler during all build types.
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /Zm1000 /GX /GR

//Flags used by the compiler during debug builds.
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/D_DEBUG /MDd /Zi  /Ob0 /Od /GZ

//Flags used by the compiler during release minsize builds.
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/MD /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

//Flags used by the compiler during release builds (/MD /Ob1 /Oi
// /Ot /Oy /Gs will produce slightly less optimized but smaller
// files).
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/MD /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG

//Flags used by the compiler during Release with Debug Info builds.
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/MD /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

//Libraries linked by defalut with all C++ applications.
CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_LIBRARIES:STRING=kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

//C compiler
CMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe

CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /Zm1000

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/D_DEBUG /MDd /Zi /Ob0 /Od /GZ

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/MD /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

// files).
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/MD /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/MD /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

//Libraries linked by defalut with all C applications.
CMAKE_C_STANDARD_LIBRARIES:STRING=kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

//Flags used by the linker.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

//Flags used by the linker during debug builds.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//Flags used by the linker during release minsize builds.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

//Flags used by the linker during release builds.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

//Flags used by the linker during Release with Debug Info builds.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//You may add additional search paths here. Use ; to separate multiple
// paths.
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH:STRING=

//Install path prefix, prepended onto install directories.
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:/osgEarth

// paths.
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH:STRING=

//Path to a program.
CMAKE_LINKER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/link.exe

//make program
CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1.NET/Common7/IDE/devenv.com

//Flags used by the linker during the creation of modules.
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//(EXPERIMENTAL) You may add additional search paths here. Use
// ; to separate multiple paths.
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=

//RC compiler
CMAKE_RC_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/rc.exe

//Flags for Fortran compiler.
CMAKE_RC_FLAGS:STRING=' '

//Flags used by the linker during the creation of dll's.
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//If set, runtime paths are not added when using shared libraries.
CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=OFF

//If true, cmake will use relative paths in makefiles and projects.
CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS:BOOL=OFF

//If this value is on, makefiles will be generated without the
// .SILENT directive, and all commands will be echoed to the console
// during the make.  This is useful for debugging only. With Visual
// Studio IDE projects all commands are done without /nologo.
CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=OFF

//Path to a file.
CURL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/include

//on if curl is a static lib
CURL_IS_STATIC:BOOL=ON

//Path to a library.
CURL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Release/libcurl.lib

//Path to a library.
CURL_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Debug/libcurld.lib

//Set to ON to build OSGEARTH for dynamic linking.  Use OFF for
// static.
DYNAMIC_OSGEARTH:BOOL=ON

//Single output directory for building all executables.
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH:PATH=

//Path to a file.
EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/lib

//Path to a library.
EXPAT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib

//Path to a file.
GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OSG_OP_OT-1.0/3rdParty/include

//Path to a library.
GDAL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/3rdParty/lib/gdal_i.lib

//Set to ON to install osgearth to the path defined in the OSG_DIR
INSTALL_TO_OSG_DIR:BOOL=OFF

//Single output directory for building all libraries.
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH:PATH=

//Path to a file.
LIBZIP_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=LIBZIP_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
LIBZIP_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=LIBZIP_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//OpenGL library for win32
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING=opengl32

//GLU library for win32
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING=glu32

//OpenSceneGraph major version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_MAJOR_VERSION:STRING=2

//OpenSceneGraph minor version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_MINOR_VERSION:STRING=6

//OpenSceneGraph patch version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_PATCH_VERSION:STRING=0

//OpenSceneGraph so version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_SOVERSION:STRING=

//Path to a library.
OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib

//Path to a library.
OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGDB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDB.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGDB_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDBd.lib

//Value Computed by CMake
OSGEARTH_APPLICATIONS_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/applications

OSGEARTH_APPLICATIONS_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/applications

OSGEARTH_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth

OSGEARTH_PLUGINS_MASTER_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/osgPlugins

OSGEARTH_PLUGINS_MASTER_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/osgPlugins

OSGEARTH_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth

//Path to a library.
OSGFX_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFX.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGFX_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFXd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGGA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGA.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGGA_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGAd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGSIM_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSim.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGSIM_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSimd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTERRAIN_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerrain.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTERRAIN_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerraind.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTEXT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgText.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTEXT_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTextd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGUTIL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtil.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGUTIL_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtild.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewer.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewerd.lib

//set to base osg install path
OSG_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph

//Path to a file.
OSG_GEN_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/include

//Path to a file.
OSG_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/include

//Path to a library.
OSG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osg.lib

//Path to a library.
OSG_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgd.lib

//Path to a program.
OSG_VERSION_EXE:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgversion.exe

//Dependencies for the target
osgEarth_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;ws2_32;general;winmm;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osg.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtil.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtild.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSim.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSimd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerrain.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerraind.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDB.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDBd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFX.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFXd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewer.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewerd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgText.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTextd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGA.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGAd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Release/libcurl.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Debug/libcurld.lib;general;glu32;general;opengl32;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib;

osgdb_earth_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;ws2_32;general;winmm;

osgdb_osgearth_arcgis_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_arcgis_map_cache_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_gdal_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;general;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/3rdParty/lib/gdal_i.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_google_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_tilecache_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_tileservice_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_tms_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_wcs_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;ws2_32;general;winmm;

osgdb_osgearth_wms_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_yahoo_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi ncycero,

I just deleted everything in my osgEarth directory and did a fresh checkout and the latest SVN builds and runs fine for me in both debug and release mode for under CMake 2.4.8.  I think some old CMake files were laying around.  Can you try clearing out your osgEarth dir, getting the latest and trying again for me?  I built it twice here just to make sure I wasn't crazy:)  I'd like to put this Expat Debug issue to bed, it's been an issue for quite a while with CMake 2.4.8.

Thanks!

Jason

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:31 PM, ncysnero (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your help.  I was not able to get rid of the linking error using Cmake2.4 but I did use CMake 2.6 patch 2 and I did not get any linking errors. Their also seems to be a lot more in my VS properties now.  

However I'm still getting the crash on xmlutils::load:XML_ParserCreate.  Its probably due to the way I built the Expat libraries.  I don't think I made any changes, but I'll try to re-download it and build them again.  I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Here is my CMakeCache file, in case you are curious:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
########################
# EXTERNAL cache entries
########################

//Append the OSG version number to the osgPlugins directory
APPEND_OPENSCENEGRAPH_VERSION:BOOL=ON

//For backwards compatibility, what version of CMake commands and
// syntax should this version of CMake try to support.
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY:STRING=2.4

//Semicolon separated list of supported configuration types, only
// supports Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, and RelWithDebInfo, anything
// else will be ignored.
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES:STRING=Debug;Release;MinSizeRel;RelWithDebInfo

//C++ compiler
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /Zm1000 /GX /GR

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/D_DEBUG /MDd /Zi  /Ob0 /Od /GZ

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/MD /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

// files).
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/MD /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/MD /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

//Libraries linked by defalut with all C++ applications.
CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_LIBRARIES:STRING=kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

//C compiler
CMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe

CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING= /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /Zm1000

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/D_DEBUG /MDd /Zi /Ob0 /Od /GZ

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/MD /O1 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

// files).
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/MD /O2 /Ob2 /D NDEBUG

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/MD /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG

//Libraries linked by defalut with all C applications.
CMAKE_C_STANDARD_LIBRARIES:STRING=kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

//Flags used by the linker.
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

// paths.
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH:STRING=

//Install path prefix, prepended onto install directories.
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:/osgEarth

// paths.
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH:STRING=

//Path to a program.
CMAKE_LINKER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/link.exe

//make program
CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1.NET/Common7/IDE/devenv.com

//Flags used by the linker during the creation of modules.
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//(EXPERIMENTAL) You may add additional search paths here. Use
// ; to separate multiple paths.
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=

//RC compiler
CMAKE_RC_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/bin/rc.exe

//Flags for Fortran compiler.
CMAKE_RC_FLAGS:STRING=' '

//Flags used by the linker during the creation of dll's.
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING= /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=/INCREMENTAL:NO

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO:STRING=/debug /INCREMENTAL:YES

//If set, runtime paths are not added when using shared libraries.
CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=OFF

//If true, cmake will use relative paths in makefiles and projects.
CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS:BOOL=OFF

//If this value is on, makefiles will be generated without the
// .SILENT directive, and all commands will be echoed to the console
// during the make.  This is useful for debugging only. With Visual
// Studio IDE projects all commands are done without /nologo.
CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=OFF

//Path to a file.
CURL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/include

//on if curl is a static lib
CURL_IS_STATIC:BOOL=ON

//Path to a library.
CURL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Release/libcurl.lib

//Path to a library.
CURL_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Debug/libcurld.lib

//Set to ON to build OSGEARTH for dynamic linking.  Use OFF for
// static.
DYNAMIC_OSGEARTH:BOOL=ON

//Single output directory for building all executables.
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH:PATH=

//Path to a file.
EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/lib

//Path to a library.
EXPAT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib

//Path to a file.
GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OSG_OP_OT-1.0/3rdParty/include

//Path to a library.
GDAL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/3rdParty/lib/gdal_i.lib

//Set to ON to install osgearth to the path defined in the OSG_DIR
INSTALL_TO_OSG_DIR:BOOL=OFF

//Single output directory for building all libraries.
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH:PATH=

//Path to a file.
LIBZIP_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=LIBZIP_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
LIBZIP_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=LIBZIP_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//OpenGL library for win32
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING=opengl32

//GLU library for win32
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING=glu32

//OpenSceneGraph major version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_MAJOR_VERSION:STRING=2

//OpenSceneGraph minor version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_MINOR_VERSION:STRING=6

//OpenSceneGraph patch version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_PATCH_VERSION:STRING=0

//OpenSceneGraph so version number
OPENSCENEGRAPH_SOVERSION:STRING=

//Path to a library.
OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib

//Path to a library.
OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGDB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDB.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGDB_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDBd.lib

OSGEARTH_APPLICATIONS_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/applications

OSGEARTH_APPLICATIONS_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/applications

OSGEARTH_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth

OSGEARTH_PLUGINS_MASTER_BINARY_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/osgPlugins

OSGEARTH_PLUGINS_MASTER_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth/src/osgPlugins

OSGEARTH_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/osgEarth

//Path to a library.
OSGFX_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFX.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGFX_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFXd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGGA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGA.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGGA_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGAd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGSIM_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSim.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGSIM_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSimd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTERRAIN_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerrain.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTERRAIN_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerraind.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTEXT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgText.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGTEXT_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTextd.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGUTIL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtil.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGUTIL_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtild.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewer.lib

//Path to a library.
OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewerd.lib

//set to base osg install path
OSG_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph

//Path to a file.
OSG_GEN_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/include

//Path to a file.
OSG_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/include

//Path to a library.
OSG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osg.lib

//Path to a library.
OSG_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgd.lib

//Path to a program.
OSG_VERSION_EXE:FILEPATH=D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/bin/osgversion.exe

osgEarth_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;ws2_32;general;winmm;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osg.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtil.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgUtild.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSim.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgSimd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerrain.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTerraind.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDB.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgDBd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFX.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgFXd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewer.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgViewerd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgText.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgTextd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGA.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgGAd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Release/libcurl.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/curl/curl-7.19.0/lib/LIB-Debug/libcurld.lib;general;glu32;general;opengl32;optimized;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreads.lib;debug;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/OpenSceneGraph/lib/OpenThreadsd.lib;

osgdb_earth_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;ws2_32;general;winmm;

osgdb_osgearth_arcgis_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_arcgis_map_cache_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_gdal_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;general;D:/cysneros/dev/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0/3rdParty/lib/gdal_i.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_google_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_tilecache_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_tileservice_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_tms_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

osgdb_osgearth_wcs_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;ws2_32;general;winmm;

osgdb_osgearth_wms_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;general;D:/cysneros/dev/expat-2.0.1/win32/bin/debug/libexpat.lib;

osgdb_osgearth_yahoo_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;osgEarth;

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Crash-on-xmlutils%3A%3Aload%3AXML_ParserCreate-tp2266550p2272825.html

Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi Jason,

So I wiped out my previous osgEarth folder and downloaded a fresh SVN copy.  Configured it using CMake 2.4.8 and tried to build it.  The Release version compiled without any linking errors but the Debug version still had the linking errors.

As a side note, I'm using:
VS 2003
OSG 2.6.0
curl 7.19.0
expat 2.0.1
gdal (from the 2.6.0 OSG 3rd party release gdal_i.lib)

Are you using the same thing?

Regards
Nelson Cysneros
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi Nelson,

I'm using Vista, VS 2005 SP1, OSG 2.6.1, expat 2.0.1 (installed in the C:\Program Files\Expat 2.0.1 directory), GDAL from FWTools 2.2.8, and CURL from the 3rdParty dependencies.

I'm not sure what the Expat linking issue in 2.4.8 for Debug.  It truly is very strange.  I'll see if I can reproduce it again, but as I said I'm deleting everything from the osgEarth and doing a full rebuild with no problems using CMake 2.4.8.

Also, did you figure out why Expat was crashing for you?

Thanks!

Jason

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM, ncysnero (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jason,

So I wiped out my previous osgEarth folder and downloaded a fresh SVN copy.  Configured it using CMake 2.4.8 and tried to build it.  The Release version compiled without any linking errors but the Debug version still had the linking errors.

As a side note, I'm using:
VS 2003
OSG 2.6.0
curl 7.19.0
expat 2.0.1
gdal (from the 2.6.0 OSG 3rd party release gdal_i.lib)

Are you using the same thing?

Regards
Nelson Cysneros

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Crash-on-xmlutils%3A%3Aload%3AXML_ParserCreate-tp2266550p2278319.html

Reply | Threaded
|  

I finally figured out why Expat was crashing!
Turns out I had other applications that contained expat lib on my system.  Once I did a search for all expat lib and removed them, except for the one I built, everything ran on the first try.

Thanks Jason for you help.  osgEarth looks great!!  Look forward to playing with it now that its up.

Regards
Nelson A. Cysneros
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi Nelson,

Very glad to hear that you got it working!  Let us know what you think!

Jason

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM, ncysnero (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
I finally figured out why Expat was crashing!
Turns out I had other applications that contained expat lib on my system.  Once I did a search for all expat lib and removed them, except for the one I built, everything ran on the first try.

Thanks Jason for you help.  osgEarth looks great!!  Look forward to playing with it now that its up.

Regards
Nelson A. Cysneros

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Crash-on-xmlutils%3A%3Aload%3AXML_ParserCreate-tp2266550p2343528.html