DPLineSegmentIntersector will no longer build after KDTree changed Robert submitted

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Adrian Egli (3dhelp) Adrian Egli (3dhelp)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DPLineSegmentIntersector will no longer build after KDTree changed Robert submitted

Hi Glenn

I pulled today latest openscenegraph. Robert has changed the KDTree class and removed LineSegmentIntersections. He will may also change QuadTree which has similar LineSegmentIntersections struct implemented. Thus the osgEarth will no longer build against 3.5.6 version of OpenSceneGraph.

As i don't exactly understand how the two class interacts with osgEarth - i am not able to fix it at the moment. May you can give me some hints for a prefix.

Kind regards
Adrian
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: DPLineSegmentIntersector will no longer build after KDTree changed Robert submitted

Adrian,

DPLineSegmentIntersector pre-dates the the version of osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector that includes the setPrecisionHint() method, which AFAICT activates double-precision calculations. We never got around to fixing was wasn't broken, but now may be a good time to get rid of DPLSI in favor of OSG's version.

I have never tried LSI with a DOUBLE_PRECISION hint, have you?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: DPLineSegmentIntersector will no longer build after KDTree changed Robert submitted

This week I tried to build OSG and osgEarth from master branches and it failed with this DPLineSegmentIntersector.

Should we wait for a fix soon or I should use an older version of OSG?
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Can you add a Github issue for this please?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
|

Yep, did it.
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov