Does osgEarth Cache write/read support ImageSequences ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Wojtek Lewandowski Wojtek Lewandowski
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Does osgEarth Cache write/read support ImageSequences ?

Hi,

I am experimenting with WMS Tile Source and WMS-T lapse animations (osgEarth 2.8). I see that WMS plugin creates ImageSequences from multiple rasters (one image per time point). My data has a lot of time points so I tried to take advantage of the osgEarth filecache to speed up loading times. But it looks to me like only single image from lapse image sequence is actually saved to cache (which obviously create lots of problems when such 1 image is later read from cache). Is this correct observation ? If yes can I make some workaround to handle the ImageSequences correctly ?

Cheers,
Wojtek Lewandowski
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Does osgEarth Cache write/read support ImageSequences ?

Wjotek,
We have never tried to cache ImageStream/Sequence data, so you are will need to investigate this. The osgEarth filesystem cache uses the OSG serializers internally so theoretically it should be possible.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Wojtek Lewandowski Wojtek Lewandowski
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Does osgEarth Cache write/read support ImageSequences ?

Thanks for response,

From what I saw while debuging it seems to not work as one would want. I mean CacheBin::writeImage does not save whole ImageSequence but only one image. Not sure the problem is in osgEarth::FileSystemCacheBin or osgDB::writeImage. To be sure I hacked osgEarth::FileSystemCacheBin to load and save ImageSequence with osgDB::write/readObject methods. But it did not work too (read ImageSequences were empty) so it might be an issue in osgDB serialization of ImageSequences into osgb. I did not dig deeper but I realized I am probably a pioneer here and will need to handle it myself somehow. So I am probably going to create own WMS tile source (based on osgEarth WMSTileSource) which will cache each image separately.

Thanks & Cheers,
WL