classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
jeladi jeladi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Failed to create tms driver

I am trying to set up my osgearth dev environment on a new machine and was unable to use my existing earth file to populate a cache via osgearth_cache.  I then tried it with the readymap.earth file packaged with the OSGEarth tests and I got the same error.  What would cause a failure to create "tms" driver?

osgearth_cache.exe --seed MyPathToEarthFile\readymap.earth
[osgEarth]  [TerrainLayer] Layer "readymap_elevation" Failed to create "tms" driver, but a cache may exist, so falling back on cache-only mode.
[osgEarth]* [EarthSerializer2] Layer "readymap_elevation" : Error : Failed to open a cache for layer because cache_only policy is in effect and bin [0122c14e] could not be located.
jeladi jeladi
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Failed to create tms driver

I should add that this was while using a 64-bit build of OSGEarth 2.8 on Windows 10 using the compiler target x86_64-w64-mingw32 and a 64-bit build of OpenSceneGraph 3.4.0
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Failed to create tms driver

Jeladi,
Usually this means that the TMS plugin (osgdb_osgearth_tms.dll or one of its dependencies) could not be found or loaded. Maybe there's a problem with your path? Or you have an old version somewhere? Sometimes a complete rebuild can help.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping