Full set of import plugins with vcpkg?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
notsofast notsofast
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Full set of import plugins with vcpkg?

When I install osgEarth (and osg) using the vcpkg approach, is there any way to get it to build the full set of osg import plugins, like FBX, DAE, and GLTF?
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Full set of import plugins with vcpkg?

GLTF support is included right in osgEarth and should build without any extra dependencies.  As far as DAE and FBX goes I haven't tried building them with vcpkg and osg before.  You might try to install collada-dom via vcpkg before you install openscenegraph if you want the dae plugin to work.  I don't believe the fbx sdk is included in vcpkg at the moment.
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Full set of import plugins with vcpkg?

Right, last I checked, FBX requires the Autodesk SDK installed first and then vcpkg should pick it up.  If I look at my log, I see it:

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have been found:

* OpenGL
 * coin
 * Jasper
 * FBX
 * GTA
 * CURL
 * GIFLIB
 * PNG
 * TIFF
 * LibLZMA
 * JPEG
 * ZLIB
 * Threads
 * Fontconfig
 * Freetype

--

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 10:20 AM jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
GLTF support is included right in osgEarth and should build without any extra dependencies.  As far as DAE and FBX goes I haven't tried building them with vcpkg and osg before.  You might try to install collada-dom via vcpkg before you install openscenegraph if you want the dae plugin to work.  I don't believe the fbx sdk is included in vcpkg at the moment.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Full-set-of-import-plugins-with-vcpkg-tp7593726p7593727.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML