[General] How to import 3D objects from different sources (an SQL database?) including support for instancing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
trajce.nikolov.nick trajce.nikolov.nick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[General] How to import 3D objects from different sources (an SQL database?) including support for instancing

Hi Community,

As my subject says, what would be the best way to achieve this, and if there is an example code to study

Thanks a bunch as always!

Cheers,
Nick
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [General] How to import 3D objects from different sources (an SQL database?) including support for instancing

Hi community/Glenn/Jason :-)

Nothing on this? I expect that some diver will be needed to be written, and I need really general hints about "how to write OE driver" or some sample code (where to start). The custom read code is ok (SQL or whatever).

Thanks again for any hint

Cheers,
Nick
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [General] How to import 3D objects from different sources (an SQL database?) including support for instancing

Hey Nick,

Can you be a little more specific about what you want to do?

A custom driver would make sense for imagery, elevation or feature data.  If you want to do that, just take one of the existing drivers as a base and implement your logic. 

If you are storing 3d models in a database instead of the filesystem and want to access them, that's more of a traditional osg plugin instead of an osgEarth plugin.

Jason

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017, 1:47 PM Nick [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi community/Glenn/Jason :-)

Nothing on this? I expect that some diver will be needed to be written, and I need really general hints about "how to write OE driver" or some sample code (where to start). The custom read code is ok (SQL or whatever).

Thanks again for any hint

Cheers,
Nick

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Jason,

I am after full feature data service implementation. Our software is writing the 3d models into database and now we need to implement the driver to get these data as feature layers from a server. Where to start looking?

Thanks a bunch!

Nick