classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Thomas Stegemann Thomas Stegemann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

GeoServer and pbf from GeoServer

I am able to display the pbf geoser server when using the openlayers preview builtin with GeoServer.

What is the earth file configuration to get that vector data from geoserver? It was told before WFS driver is rather old and should not be used. Then how to achieve that?

For example a full request looks like:

http://141.200.19.174:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts?REQUEST=GetTile&SERVICE=WMTS&VERSION=1.0.0&LAYER=opengeo:countries&STYLE=&TILEMATRIX=EPSG:4326:6&TILEMATRIXSET=EPSG:4326&FORMAT=application/x-protobuf;type=mapbox-vector&TILECOL=66&TILEROW=11
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: GeoServer and pbf from GeoServer

Found problem: GeoServer does not support wmts, only older non-standardized tms.
xyz drivers does not seem to work for geometries.
Reply | Threaded
|  

At least... the feature_xyz is able to obtain geometries. But it seems this driver has a problem to refresh. I have created a issue for that.

Also feels that no one is interested or having the same problem which makes me wonder cause GeoServer is widely used and osgEarth looks like it has a lack of features here as I found out. Any thoughts? Don't want to talk to myself here. ;-)
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi Thomas,

We've actually never used Geoserver to feed XYZ features into osgEarth.

One big issue is that the Feature Model Graph in osgEarth doesn't support global-geodetic tiling schemes.  That's on the list of things to do but we haven't implemented in yet.  It expects the tiling scheme the be a single tile at the root level.  It's like that for historical reasons to support our TFS tiling scheme that we developed within in our ReadyMap server.

Another issue is that osgEarth currently expects the tiles to be additive, so lod 0 will always be displayed and then it will add in 1, 2, 3, etc.  I assume GeoServer is proessing multiple levels of detail so that won't work either.

Is there a public geoserver server that we could hit to test it or is there a doc you can point us to for how to serve up tiled features in GeoServer?

Jason

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 12:28 PM Thomas Stegemann [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
At least... the feature_xyz is able to obtain geometries. But it seems this driver has a problem to refresh. I have created a issue for that.

Also feels that no one is interested or having the same problem which makes me wonder cause GeoServer is widely used and osgEarth looks like it has a lack of features here as I found out. Any thoughts? Don't want to talk to myself here. ;-)

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hi Jason,

http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/extensions/vectortiles/tutorial.html

The GeoServer uses TMS for publishing MVT. There is also a standard protocol that is standardized and supported by GeoServer, called WMTS. GeoServer is able to publish geojson through WMTS but not MVT. MVT is only available for TMS, currently.

I also tried this here to map against feature xyz:

<model name="States" driver="feature_geom">
        <features name="states" driver="xyz">
            <url>http://141.200.19.174:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts?REQUEST=GetTile&SERVICE=WMTS&VERSION=1.0.0&LAYER=opengeo:countries&STYLE=&TILEMATRIX=EPSG:900913:${z}&TILEMATRIXSET=EPSG:900913&FORMAT=application/json;type=geojson&TILECOL=${y}&TILEROW=${x}</url>           
                        <format>application/json;type=geojson</format>
                        <profile>spherical-mercator</profile>
                        <min_level>0</min_level>
                        <max_level>0</max_level>
                        <invert_y>false</invert_y>
        </features>
        <styles>       
            <style type="text/css"> states { stroke: #ff0000; stroke-opacity: 1.0; stroke-width: 3.0; fill: #ffff807f; altitude-clamping: terrain-drape; } </style>        </styles>
    </model>