classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to Over writing a parth of cache ?

Hi Guys,

It is possible to override the path of the cache osgEarth. For example initially I have two images img1 with extent 0,0  ->  20 , 20 and img2  40, 0 -> 60,20 and I generated the cache up to 10 levels. Now i got another image imag3 with extents 20, 0 ->40, 20 and generated the cache again up to 10 levels. Will it override the tiles generated  as part of previous caching for these extents ?

Kind Regards
RJ
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to Over writing a parth of cache ?

Hi RJ,

If you are using the same .earth file, and have just added img3, then currently osgEarth seed will attempt to cache all 3 layers.  If you have already cached layers img1 and img2, the currently cached files will not be overridden, they will be quickly skipped over.

If you want to cache to a different path, you can just edit the cache path in your .earth file and re-cache.  It would be convenient to be able to specify which layer from the .earth file you actually want to cache rather than always attempting to cache them all.  I'll add a Trac ticket for this.

Thanks,

Jason

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Rahulj (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys,

It is possible to override the path of the cache osgEarth. For example initially I have two images img1 with extent 0,0  ->  20 , 20 and img2  40, 0 -> 60,20 and I generated the cache up to 10 levels. Now i got another image imag3 with extents 20, 0 ->40, 20 and generated the cache again up to 10 levels. Will it override the tiles generated  as part of previous caching for these extents ?

Kind Regards
RJ

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-Over-writing-a-parth-of-cache-tp3740849p3740849.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.