How to detect PixelWriter error when call addImageLayer function

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
davidip davidip
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to detect PixelWriter error when call addImageLayer function

When I called addImageLayer function of osgEarth::Map class some of my IVE files result the following error in the console and my earth image is blank.

[osgEarth]* [PixelWriter] No writer found for pixel format 83f0

There is no status return from addImageLayer. So my question is "how can I detect/capture this error in my program so that I can reflect it in the user interface?" Showing a blank earth and no error message does not give my user good experience. I appreciate if I could get some help.

Thanks.

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to detect PixelWriter error when call addImageLayer function

David,
Sorry, but at this time there is no way to capture that error. It just prints a warning to the console. What are you trying to load from IVE files? osgEarth doesn't read IVEs.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
davidip davidip
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenn,

Thank you for your reply.

In the osgEarth - Docs - Reference Guides - Tile Source Drivers - VPB (VirtualPlanerBuilder) specifies the support of VPB driver with .ive file. It is in http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/references/drivers/tile/vpb.html.

I have many sets of images in the server that contain ive files. Some work and some don't work. For those unreadable cases I like add a message in my application to notify the user.

Thank you for your help.
David Ip
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Ah, I forgot about the old VPB driver :)

Currently, there's no way to propagate that error back to the user -- sorry!

Do you still have the source data that was used to build the VPB datasets? Our usual advice is to access that directly whenever possible.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping