How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
VGEZJ VGEZJ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

We want to use the osgearth and VPB driver. However, we don't know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level. When we used osgdem to generate terrain database, "--splits "  was not used to set the distributed build primary and secondary split levels. can you tell us how to get the parameter. Thanks you in advance!
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

Hi,

I don't believe VPB does any splitting at all if you don't specify --splits so you shouldn't need to specify anything.  Try setting your directory_structure element to "task" and or "flat" and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Jason




On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM, VGEZJ (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
We want to use the osgearth and VPB driver. However, we don't know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level. When we used osgdem to generate terrain database, "--splits "  was not used to set the distributed build primary and secondary split levels. can you tell us how to get the parameter. Thanks you in advance!


View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-know-primary-split-level-and-secondary-split-level-tp3489034p3489034.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.


VGEZJ VGEZJ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

hi,jasonbeverage

I have used "--splits 2 5" to gengerate a vbp terrain database, and view it in a .earth file (osgviewer D:\osgEarth\tests\vpb_test.earth). Howerver, the error messages are follows:
[osgEarth::MapNode] Could't get tile for 0_0_0_0
[osgEarth::MapNode] Could't get tile for 0_0_1_0

Why?

the vpb_test.earth includes:
<map name="Virtual Planet Builder model" type="projected">
 
    <image name="AnXianSpotETM" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>
        <primary_split_level>2</primary_split_level>
        <secondary_split_level>5</secondary_split_level>       
    </image>

    <heightfield name="dem" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>     
    </heightfield>
   
</map>

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

Hi,

A couple of things I notice right off hand.

First, you aren't specifying the split levels for the heightfield, which you will have to do.

Secondly, what coordinate system is your VPB database?  If it is geocentric, then you want to change the type attribute from "projected" to "globe".  If your data truly is projected, you will need to explicitly tell osgEarth what coordinate system to use for the map by making a projected <profile> element at the map level.

Something like:
<profile srs="epsg:26917" xmin="560725.500" ymin="4385762.500" xmax="573866.500" ymax="4400705.500"/>

Good luck!

Jason



On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM, VGEZJ (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,jasonbeverage

I have used "--splits 2 5" to gengerate a vbp terrain database, and view it in a .earth file (osgviewer D:\osgEarth\tests\vpb_test.earth). Howerver, the error messages are follows:
[osgEarth::MapNode] Could't get tile for 0_0_0_0
[osgEarth::MapNode] Could't get tile for 0_0_1_0

Why?

the vpb_test.earth includes:
<map name="Virtual Planet Builder model" type="projected">
 
    <image name="AnXianSpotETM" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>
        <primary_split_level>2</primary_split_level>
        <secondary_split_level>5</secondary_split_level>      
    </image>

    <heightfield name="dem" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>      
    </heightfield>
   
</map>




View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-know-primary-split-level-and-secondary-split-level-tp3489034p3489844.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.


VGEZJ VGEZJ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

    thanks.
    our data is projected(EPSG:32648 WGS 84 / UTM zone 48N, xmin="404775" ymin="3467947.29967" xmax="476285" ymax="3523647.29967"). I am sorry. I don't know how to write earth file. can you help me to wirte this earth file for reading our vpb terrain database.

 
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

Hi,

You just need to modify the .earth file you already posted with the a <profile> element that contains the srs and extents that you provided.  You can also stick from osg::notify's in the VPB plugin to debug what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Jason

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:39 AM, VGEZJ (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
    thanks.
    our data is projected(EPSG:32648 WGS 84 / UTM zone 48N, xmin="404775" ymin="3467947.29967" xmax="476285" ymax="3523647.29967"). I am sorry. I don't know how to write earth file. can you help me to wirte this earth file for reading our vpb terrain database.

 



View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-know-primary-split-level-and-secondary-split-level-tp3489034p3490454.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.


VGEZJ VGEZJ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

In reply to this post by VGEZJ
Is it ture?
<map name="Virtual Planet Builder model" type="projected">
     <profile name="WGS84 SiChuan AnXian (meters)">
        <srs>+proj=lcc +lat_0=0.0 +lon_0=105.0 +x_0=500000 +y_0=0 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=D_WGS_1984 +to_meter=1.0 +no_defs</srs>
        <xmin>404775</xmin><ymin>3467947.29967</ymin>
        <xmax>476285</xmax><ymax>3523647.29967</ymax>
    </profile>
   
    <image name="AnXianSpotETM" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>
        <primary_split_level>2</primary_split_level>
        <secondary_split_level>5</secondary_split_level> 
      </image> 
   
</map>
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to know primary_split_level and secondary_split_level ?

Hi,

Looks ok to me.  It's really difficult to debug what is going on since I do not have your model in front of me to test.  Please stick some output messages in the VPB driver to see if you can spot anything out of whack. 

Jason

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM, VGEZJ (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it ture?
<map name="Virtual Planet Builder model" type="projected">
     <profile name="WGS84 SiChuan AnXian (meters)">
        <srs>+proj=lcc +lat_0=0.0 +lon_0=105.0 +x_0=500000 +y_0=0 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=D_WGS_1984 +to_meter=1.0 +no_defs</srs>
        <xmin>404775</xmin><ymin>3467947.29967</ymin>
        <xmax>476285</xmax><ymax>3523647.29967</ymax>
    </profile>
   
    <image name="AnXianSpotETM" driver="vpb">
        <url>C:\AnXian\AnXianScene6\AnXian.ive</url>
        <primary_split_level>2</primary_split_level>
        <secondary_split_level>5</secondary_split_level>  
      </image>
   
</map>


View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-know-primary-split-level-and-secondary-split-level-tp3489034p3491182.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.