How to reolve the tiling issue in overllaping regions ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to reolve the tiling issue in overllaping regions ?

Hi Guys,

I am having issue in imager layer in which I have images which have overlapping extents. Problem Description. I am adding an image to describe my problem.

I have two images img1 and img2. And they have common area indicated by arrow. The green region represents the area where be have color values and Black area represents the no data region foe Img1. When I use these two images the tiles are generated for Img1 for overlapping region for the complete image layer. Ideally i should see the tiles for the img2 in overlapping region, otherwise the database looks really bad.

This problem can be resolved by changing the order of the images in the vrt file being created for this case. But this will not work if you have 100 of images.

What do you guys think can be done to resolve this issue while creating a image layer with multiple files?

King Regards
RJ

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to reolve the tiling issue in overllaping regions ?

Are you creating your own VRT? or pointing the GDAL driver at a directory?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
|

I am pointing to the directory.
Regards
RJ
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi RJ,

Is the area that you show as no data correctly marked as no data in your files or is it truly black?  If it is black, really the best way to get rid of this problem is to edit your GIS data so the black areas are transparent or correctly marked as NODATA areas so that GDAL understands that the area should be drawn as transparent.

Can you post a shot of osgEarth running with your imagery in the problem areas?

Jason

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Rahulj (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am pointing to the directory.
Regards
RJ

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-reolve-the-tiling-issue-in-overllaping-regions-tp3741498p3767528.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.