classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to use <combine_layers> ?

Hi Guys,

Is this functionality functional in ver 1.2 ? If yes : How to use it ?

Also If i want to overlay openstreet map data on my terrain or bluemarble layer. Is it possible using this functionality ?

Kind Regards
Rahul
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to use <combine_layers> ?

Hi Rahul,

The <combine_layers> element is used to turn on/off the default TexEnvCombine settings in osgEarth if you want to manage them yourself with something like a MultiTextureControl.

You can specify multiple imagery layers by simply specifying multiple <image> blocks in the .earth file.  Typically the openstreetmap data does not have a transparent background so it may not display the way you want it to.  You can try using the arcgis transportation layer (see the arc_imagery_roads.earth example) which does have a transparent background or look into rendering the osm data yourself.

Thanks,

Jason

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM, rahul jain (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Is this functionality functional in ver 1.2 ? If yes : How to use it ?

Also If i want to overlay openstreet map data on my terrain or bluemarble layer. Is it possible using this functionality ?

Kind Regards
Rahul

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-use-%3Ccombine_layers%3E---tp3477316p3477316.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.