How to view a small patch in osgearth_viewer?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
LakeWorthB LakeWorthB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to view a small patch in osgearth_viewer?

I am trying to verify if a certain geotiff works in osgearth, so I created a simple earth file, and start up osgearth_viewer. The problem is it is only a square mile piece, so can't tell if I just can't find it, or if it isn't working. Any thoughts?
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to view a small patch in osgearth_viewer?

Please post your earth file.

Also, if you use osgearth_toc, you can click on the Layer name to zoom to its extents.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
David David
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by LakeWorthB
osgEarth comes with several sample earth files.  It you look at the bottom of boston.earth, for example, there's an externals section with several viewpoints.  When you load this file in the osgearth_viewer, you can select each of those viewpoints and it will fly to that location, orientation, and range.  So if you know where the patch should be, you could add it to an externals section.

<external>
        <viewpoints>
            <viewpoint name="Boston Overview" heading="24.261" height="0" lat="42.34425" long="-71.076262" pitch="-21.6" range="3450"/>
            <viewpoint name="Boston Downtown 1" heading="117" lat="42.3568" long="-71.0585" height="0" pitch="-20.4" range="1500" />
            <viewpoint name="Boston Downtown 2" heading="-128.5" lat="42.3582" long="-71.0546" height="0" pitch="-19" range="1620" />
            <viewpoint name="Boston Street Level" heading="-145.64081" lat="42.364015" long="-71.054149" pitch="-9.701" range="144.95"/>
        </viewpoints>
        <sky driver="simple" hours="14.0"/>
    </external>
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks David.

Please note that in modern versions of osgEarth, the <external> block is for user data only.

Viewpoints, Sky, etc should appear directly under the <map> node.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
LakeWorthB LakeWorthB
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by gwaldron
So I added the viewport, but still can't see any elevation. Is there any command line option to be able to see elevation changes easier?

Attached is the geotiff elevation data, and a earth file.
BARGE.tif

simple.earth