I am feeling a lot of confusion after upgrading to version 3.0..help.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
newlife958 newlife958
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I am feeling a lot of confusion after upgrading to version 3.0..help.

I'm sorry for inquiries in a short time.
I am feeling a lot of confusion after upgrading to version 3.0.
We appreciate your help in resolving the confusion.

In the previous version, the gdal image was cached using the osgearth_cache.exe tool to load satellite imagery and elevation data.

In version 3.0, osgearth_chche.exe tool has been removed. Is it possible to create cache data identically by using osgearth_conv.exe?

If gdal image and dted data are made as myfile.vrt and cache is created as vrt file, are they loaded and used the same as the previous version?
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I am feeling a lot of confusion after upgrading to version 3.0..help.

Hello newlife,

Let us know what your end goal is, and we can help point you to the right approach.

We have been planning to get rid of the cache tool for a long time. The osgEarth cache is meant to be transient (like a browser cache) and not meant as a persistent data store. Despite this, people used it to create offline datasets or pre-tiled data, but this was not its intent and there are better tools for those jobs.

This section talks about ways to prepare your GDAL-compatible datasets so they load quickly. It also explains how to use osgearth_conv to build portable pre-tiled datasets:

http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/data.html#tips-for-preparing-your-own-data

Hope that helps!
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
newlife958 newlife958
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I am feeling a lot of confusion after upgrading to version 3.0..help.

Thanks for any help.

We succeeded in tiling and loading satellite image and elevation data using osgearth_conv.exe.

Have a nice day.