5 messages Options
Tension Tension
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Intersections with TerrainEngine graph

This post was updated on .
Hi,

I have a task, where i need to find minimum and maximum height of selected region. To achieve this, i use PolytopeIntersector with constructed Polytope (similar to createPolytope from GeoExtent, but for n edges of polygon, instead of four of extent) and simple use something like this:

osg::ref_ptr<osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector> intersector = new osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector(polytope);
intersector->setPrimitiveMask(osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector::TRIANGLE_PRIMITIVES);
osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor visitor;
visitor.setIntersector(intersector);

_mapNode->getTerrainEngine()->accept(visitor);

if (!intersector->containsIntersections()) {
    return;
}

osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector::Intersections& intersections = intersector->getIntersections();

It works fine in most cases, but sometimes height of some intersections was lower than i expected. And I discovered that this is due to the fact that where is some vertical-oriented rectangles between tiles (above real elevation data), and intersector hits them, because they are part of TerrainEngine.

Can i disable them, or atleast mask them for intersector somehow?

Thanks for any help!
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Intersections with TerrainEngine graph

What osgEarth version are you using?
Are you requesting a particular terrain engine or using the default?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Tension Tension
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenn,

I use osgEarth 2.10

I used MP engine. I just tried REX, this engine doesn't contain this meshes on tile borders, but my intersector can't find any intersections now.
Tension Tension
Reply | Threaded
|

Oh, sorry, it was fail from my side about no intersections with REX. It works fine now. Thanks for the hint about different engines.
So that means i can't use this method with MP engine, because of implementation (meshes around tile border, which we can't mask or disable)?
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Correct - there is no way with the old MP engine to ignore the terrain skirts.

Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping