5 messages Options
krzysief krzysief
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[MGRSGraticule] SQID data file not opened

This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am trying to visualize MGRSGraticule on current branch master which is a few commits ahead of tag 2.10.2.

After executing the line:
osgearth_graticule --mgrs tests/boston.earth

I got the error [osgEarth]* [MGRSGraticule] SQID data file not opened

What is it about? What is SQID file?

Cheer, Kris

@update - when i go to osgearth/tests and execute osgearth_graticule --mgrs graticules.earth i do not get the squid error, but i can see only labels and a bunch of [osgEarth]* [Geometry] Crop failed - GEOS not available errors
emminizer emminizer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [MGRSGraticule] SQID data file not opened

Hi Kris,

The SQID file is under the data/ directory - https://github.com/gwaldron/osgearth/blob/master/data/mgrs_sqid.bin

It implies your data search path does not include this file.  You can usually set this up with OSG_FILE_PATH environment.  I believe the SQID file contains data on the locations of the MGRS square subdivisions.

Executing it where you did might work due to relative path resolution.  Not sure.

I believe GEOS is a required dependency for some features, this might be one of them.

- Dan
krzysief krzysief
Reply | Threaded
|

Thank you Dan,

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 how to set the environment properly?

export OSG_FILE_PATH=/home/kris/osgearth/data/

leaves me still with the sqid missing.

Also is there any geos package or i also have to build it from source?
emminizer emminizer
Reply | Threaded
|

Ah, looks like findDataFile() is not used for the SQID file (refer to readSQIDFile() in MGRSGraticule.cpp).  It's opened with the path given, which in your .earth file is:

<sqid_data>../data/mgrs_sqid.bin</sqid_data>

In our code using MGRS, we specify the full path in the MGRSGraticuleOptions.  Sorry for the misinformation, I thought it was searched-for when opened.

I don't know about the GEOS question, we tend to build everything locally from source for our project (RHEL based, not Ubuntu).
krzysief krzysief
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Thank you very much!

Unfortunately because of unvisible grid issues i switched to 2.9 bu t while loading the SQID file i get the error:
[osgEarth]* [MGRSGraticule] sqid bin file is corrupt.. abort!