MRT with a twist

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
neshume neshume
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MRT with a twist

I have encountered an issue when I tried to use a depth map in a scene.

When using the MRT example as a base .. when I add the mapnode to the root instead of the quad (I dont need the quad for my purposes) and I wish to use the RTT in a mapnode virtual program .. the first frame is rendered but than the window becomes unresponsive.

When I do the same thing but instead of a map node I load a cessna.osgb it all works.

What am I doing wrong ? the tree structure is legal .. its not cyclic. Its the same as application_mrt but I also add mapnode to the root : root->addChild(mapnode) at the end.

cheers,

neshume
neshume neshume
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MRT with a twist

Hi All,

If I needed proof that osgEarth is dead .. I just got it. Nobody including the authors could answer this simple question or even respond with .. "you dont know what you are doing" .. "you are newbie" .. or just ... " we dont have time now since we are working hard".

thank you all.

cheers,

neshume
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

osgEarth is far from dead, but sometimes we do go on summer vacation :)

The MRT example does appear to be having issues though, I am also getting a black screen.  I'll add a github issue and we can track it on there.

Jason
neshume neshume
Reply | Threaded
|

Thank you very much Jason for the quick response.

We also have a summer vacation here and I totally understand. But a simple auto message "We are on vacation and will come back when we come back :o)" would make me happy  and sure that I have chosen the right engine for the job.

Don't forget to have some fun :o)

cheers,

neshume

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Can you tell me what exact version of osgEarth and OpenSceneGraph you're using?  I'm getting a black screen with OSG 3.7.0 but Paul is telling me that OSG 3.6.3 appears to work fine.  I'm wondering if it's an osg problem or not.

Jason
neshume neshume
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi jason,

Sorry about the late response.

I am using 3.4.1 osg (due to product compatibility issues) and osgEarth 2.8

cheers,

neshume
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by neshume
Using the MRT example as a template is probably adding confusion. There are other elements in OE that create depth textures: DrapingTechnique.cpp, Shadowing.cpp, and TritonHeightMap.cpp use this technique.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping