Non-scenegraph Line-of-Sight queries in osgEarth?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
2LR 2LR
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Non-scenegraph Line-of-Sight queries in osgEarth?

Can anyone tell me if the latest osgEarth has any support for doing non-scenegraph line-of-sight queries with an elevation layer in a map? Our project has need for this support since we need to do accurate visibility tests with the terrain aside from rendering. This would be similar to the non-scenegraph queries provided by ElevationPool.

If no such functionality exists or is not planned in future releases, I do have an implementation that I was going to try out and then contribute back to the project if there is interest for this in the community...

If someone can let me know, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Shayne
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Non-scenegraph Line-of-Sight queries in osgEarth?

Shayne,
No, osgEarth does not have this capability, and we don't have any current plans to do it.
Keep us apprised of your approach and hopefully it's something we can integrate!
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
2LR 2LR
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Non-scenegraph Line-of-Sight queries in osgEarth?

Glenn,

Thanks for letting me know.

I will go ahead and do an implementation then and let you know the results. Perhaps when time permits, you can enlighten me on what your process is for doing contributions or enhancements to the osgEarth software. I think it would be good functionality to have...at least, it would be for us...;)

Shayne