classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
adrianj adrianj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OSGEarth precompiled dlls

Hello,

Is there somewhere I can download precompiled DLLs for OSGEarth?

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get OSGEarth to link correctly using VS2015 but there always seems to be some kind of mismatch of dependencies and it is turning in to a total nightmare.

At the moment I have a precompiled version of OSG 3.6.3, that uses GDAL 2.3.2 for OSGEarth 2.10.2. This combination gave me a bunch of curl errors, so I had to get the latest curl and now I am getting zlib link errors.

I was building my own OSG (which was easy compared to OSGEarth), but that had a load of GDAL link errors.

Surely somebody has it built for VS2015?

Many thanks

Adrian
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OSGEarth precompiled dlls

I've had good success using vcpkg for building osgearth and it's dependencies as described here http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/vcpkg.html

You might want to check it out.  

Jason

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019, 7:47 PM adrianj [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is there somewhere I can download precompiled DLLs for OSGEarth?

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get OSGEarth to link correctly using VS2015 but there always seems to be some kind of mismatch of dependencies and it is turning in to a total nightmare.

At the moment I have a precompiled version of OSG 3.6.3, that uses GDAL 2.3.2 for OSGEarth 2.10.2. This combination gave me a bunch of curl errors, so I had to get the latest curl and now I am getting zlib link errors.

I was building my own OSG (which was easy compared to OSGEarth), but that had a load of GDAL link errors.

Surely somebody has it built for VS2015?

Many thanks

Adrian

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/OSGEarth-precompiled-dlls-tp7592752.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
adrianj adrianj
Reply | Threaded
|

Thank you for your tip.

I followed the instructions and everything was working well until I got the following error:

* proj4[core]:x64-windows
    protobuf[core]:x64-windows
    sqlite3[core]:x64-windows
  * szip[core]:x64-windows
  * tiff[core]:x64-windows
Additional packages (*) will be modified to complete this operation.
Starting package 1/30: libwebp:x64-windows
Building package libwebp[core]:x64-windows...
-- Using cached C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/webmproject-libwebp-v1.0.2.tar.gz
-- Using source at C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58
-- Configuring x64-windows
CMake Error at scripts/cmake/vcpkg_execute_required_process.cmake:58 (message):
    Command failed: ninja -v
    Working Directory: C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/x64-windows-rel/vcpkg-parallel-configure
    Error code: 1
    See logs for more information:
      C:\Thirdparty\vcpkg\buildtrees\libwebp\config-x64-windows-out.log

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  scripts/cmake/vcpkg_configure_cmake.cmake:290 (vcpkg_execute_required_process)
  ports/libwebp/portfile.cmake:46 (vcpkg_configure_cmake)
  scripts/ports.cmake:74 (include)

Error: Building package libwebp:x64-windows failed with: BUILD_FAILED
Please ensure you're using the latest portfiles with `.\vcpkg update`, then
submit an issue at https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues including:
  Package: libwebp:x64-windows
  Vcpkg version: 2019.07.18-nohash

Additionally, attach any relevant sections from the log files above.

I opened the config-x64-windows-out.log file and I got the following:

[1/2] cmd /c "cd .. && "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/bin/cmake.exe" "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SIMD:BOOL=ON" "-DWEBP_BUILD_ANIM_UTILS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_CWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_DWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_GIF2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_IMG2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_VWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPINFO:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPMUX:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_EXTRAS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBP_JS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_NEAR_LOSSLESS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SWAP_16BIT_CSP:BOOL=OFF" "-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe" "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" "-DVCPKG_CHAINLOAD_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/toolchains/windows.cmake" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_TRIPLET=x64-windows" "-DVCPKG_SET_CHARSET_FLAG=ON" "-DVCPKG_PLATFORM_TOOLSET=v140" "-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_SYSTEM_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS_SKIP=TRUE" "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" "-DVCPKG_APPLOCAL_DEPS=OFF" "-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake" "-DCMAKE_ERROR_ON_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_DESTINATION=ON" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=dynamic" "-DVCPKG_LINKER_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:STRING=lib" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR:STRING=bin" "-G" "Ninja" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/packages/libwebp_x64-windows""
FAILED: ../CMakeCache.txt
cmd /c "cd .. && "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/bin/cmake.exe" "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SIMD:BOOL=ON" "-DWEBP_BUILD_ANIM_UTILS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_CWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_DWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_GIF2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_IMG2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_VWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPINFO:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPMUX:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_EXTRAS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBP_JS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_NEAR_LOSSLESS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SWAP_16BIT_CSP:BOOL=OFF" "-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe" "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" "-DVCPKG_CHAINLOAD_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/toolchains/windows.cmake" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_TRIPLET=x64-windows" "-DVCPKG_SET_CHARSET_FLAG=ON" "-DVCPKG_PLATFORM_TOOLSET=v140" "-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_SYSTEM_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS_SKIP=TRUE" "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" "-DVCPKG_APPLOCAL_DEPS=OFF" "-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake" "-DCMAKE_ERROR_ON_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_DESTINATION=ON" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=dynamic" "-DVCPKG_LINKER_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:STRING=lib" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR:STRING=bin" "-G" "Ninja" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/packages/libwebp_x64-windows""
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.0.24215.1
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/share/cmake-3.14/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
  The C compiler

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/x64-windows-rel/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe cmTC_16cc6
    [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj
    [2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_16cc6.exe
    FAILED: cmTC_16cc6.exe
    cmd.exe /C "cd . && C:\Thirdparty\vcpkg\downloads\tools\cmake-3.14.0-windows\cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe -E vs_link_exe --intdir=CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir --rc=rc --mt=CMAKE_MT-NOTFOUND --manifests  -- C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe /nologo CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj  /out:cmTC_16cc6.exe /implib:cmTC_16cc6.lib /pdb:cmTC_16cc6.pdb /version:0.0  /machine:x64  /debug /INCREMENTAL /subsystem:console  kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib && cd ."
    RC Pass 1: command "rc /foCMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir/manifest.res CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir/manifest.rc" failed (exit code 0) with the following output:
    The system cannot find the file specified
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

I can try this tomorrow as I regularly build with vcpkg but havent started from scratch.  

Do you have plenty of available memory?  I have noticed vcpkg fail on odd sections when it runs out of memory. 

Can you vcpkg install libwebp:x64-windows?  See if it fails in the same place.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 9:02 PM adrianj [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for your tip.

I followed the instructions and everything was working well until I got the following error:

Working Directory: C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/x64-windows-rel/vcpkg-parallel-configure

[1/2] cmd /c "cd .. && "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/bin/cmake.exe" "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SIMD:BOOL=ON" "-DWEBP_BUILD_ANIM_UTILS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_CWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_DWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_GIF2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_IMG2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_VWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPINFO:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPMUX:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_EXTRAS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBP_JS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_NEAR_LOSSLESS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SWAP_16BIT_CSP:BOOL=OFF" "-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe" "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" "-DVCPKG_CHAINLOAD_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/toolchains/windows.cmake" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_TRIPLET=x64-windows" "-DVCPKG_SET_CHARSET_FLAG=ON" "-DVCPKG_PLATFORM_TOOLSET=v140" "-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_SYSTEM_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS_SKIP=TRUE" "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" "-DVCPKG_APPLOCAL_DEPS=OFF" "-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake" "-DCMAKE_ERROR_ON_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_DESTINATION=ON" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=dynamic" "-DVCPKG_LINKER_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:STRING=lib" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR:STRING=bin" "-G" "Ninja" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/packages/libwebp_x64-windows""
cmd /c "cd .. && "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/bin/cmake.exe" "C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SIMD:BOOL=ON" "-DWEBP_BUILD_ANIM_UTILS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_CWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_DWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_GIF2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_IMG2WEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_VWEBP:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPINFO:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBPMUX:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_EXTRAS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_BUILD_WEBP_JS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_NEAR_LOSSLESS:BOOL=OFF" "-DWEBP_ENABLE_SWAP_16BIT_CSP:BOOL=OFF" "-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe" "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" "-DVCPKG_CHAINLOAD_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/toolchains/windows.cmake" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_TRIPLET=x64-windows" "-DVCPKG_SET_CHARSET_FLAG=ON" "-DVCPKG_PLATFORM_TOOLSET=v140" "-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_SYSTEM_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS_SKIP=TRUE" "-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON" "-DVCPKG_APPLOCAL_DEPS=OFF" "-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake" "-DCMAKE_ERROR_ON_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_DESTINATION=ON" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_RELEASE=" "-DVCPKG_C_FLAGS_DEBUG=" "-DVCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=dynamic" "-DVCPKG_LINKER_FLAGS=" "-DVCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:STRING=lib" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR:STRING=bin" "-G" "Ninja" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/packages/libwebp_x64-windows""
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/cmake-3.14.0-windows/cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86/share/cmake-3.14/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
  The C compiler

Change Dir: C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/buildtrees/libwebp/x64-windows-rel/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Thirdparty/vcpkg/downloads/tools/ninja/ninja-1.8.2/ninja.exe cmTC_16cc6
    cmd.exe /C "cd . && C:\Thirdparty\vcpkg\downloads\tools\cmake-3.14.0-windows\cmake-3.14.0-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe -E vs_link_exe --intdir=CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir --rc=rc --mt=CMAKE_MT-NOTFOUND --manifests  -- C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe /nologo CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj  /out:cmTC_16cc6.exe /implib:cmTC_16cc6.lib /pdb:cmTC_16cc6.pdb /version:0.0  /machine:x64  /debug /INCREMENTAL /subsystem:console  kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib && cd ."
    RC Pass 1: command "rc /foCMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir/manifest.res CMakeFiles\cmTC_16cc6.dir/manifest.rc" failed (exit code 0) with the following output:

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

http://forum.osgearth.org/OSGEarth-precompiled-dlls-tp7592752p7592755.html
NAML
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by adrianj
I just double checked and it does but fine for me with VS2017.  VS2015 requires Update 3 or newer but I do not have it installed to try.

The following packages will be built and installed:
  * bzip2[core]:x64-windows
  * curl[core,ssl,winssl]:x64-windows
  * expat[core]:x64-windows
  * freeglut[core]:x64-windows
  * freetype[core]:x64-windows
  * gdal[core]:x64-windows
  * geos[core]:x64-windows
  * giflib[core]:x64-windows
  * hdf5[core]:x64-windows
  * jasper[core]:x64-windows
  * libiconv[core]:x64-windows
  * libjpeg-turbo[core]:x64-windows
  * liblzma[core]:x64-windows
  * libpng[core]:x64-windows
  * libpq[core]:x64-windows
  * libwebp[core]:x64-windows
  * libxml2[core]:x64-windows
  * netcdf-c[core]:x64-windows
  * openexr[core]:x64-windows
  * opengl[core]:x64-windows
  * openjpeg[core]:x64-windows
  * openssl[core]:x64-windows
  * openssl-windows[core]:x64-windows
    osg[core]:x64-windows
  * pcre[core]:x64-windows
    poco[core]:x64-windows
  * proj[core]:x64-windows
  * zlib[core]:x64-windows
Starting package 1/33: zlib:x64-windows
Building package zlib[core]:x64-windows...
A suitable version of git was not found (required v2.21.0). Downloading portable git v2.21.0...
Downloading git...
  https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases/download/v2.21.0.windows.1/PortableGit-2.21.0-32-bit.7z.exe -> G:\osgearth2017\vcpkg_scratch\downloads\PortableGit-2.21.0-32-bit.7z.exe
Extracting git...
A suitable version of 7zip was not found (required v18.1.0). Downloading portable 7zip v18.1.0...
Downloading 7zip...
  https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/package/7-Zip.CommandLine/18.1.0 -> G:\osgearth2017\vcpkg_scratch\downloads\7-zip.commandline.18.1.0.nupkg
Extracting 7zip...
A suitable version of nuget was not found (required v4.6.2). Downloading portable nuget v4.6.2...
Downloading nuget...
  https://dist.nuget.org/win-x86-commandline/v4.6.2/nuget.exe -> G:\osgearth2017\vcpkg_scratch\downloads\nuget.exe
-- Downloading http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.11.tar.gz...
-- Extracting source G:/osgearth2017/vcpkg_scratch/downloads/zlib1211.tar.gz
-- Applying patch cmake_dont_build_more_than_needed.patch
-- Using source at G:/osgearth2017/vcpkg_scratch/buildtrees/zlib/src/1.2.11-f690224aeb
-- Downloading https://github.com/ninja-build/ninja/releases/download/v1.8.2/ninja-win.zip...
-- Building x64-windows-dbg
-- Building x64-windows-rel
-- Installing: G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/packages/zlib_x64-windows/share/zlib/copyright
-- Performing post-build validation
-- Performing post-build validation done
Building package zlib[core]:x64-windows... done
Installing package zlib[core]:x64-windows...
Installing package zlib[core]:x64-windows... done
Elapsed time for package zlib:x64-windows: 1.281 min
Starting package 2/33: libpng:x64-windows
Building package libpng[core]:x64-windows...
-- Downloading https://github.com/glennrp/libpng/archive/v1.6.37.tar.gz...
-- Extracting source G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/downloads/glennrp-libpng-v1.6.37.tar.gz
-- Applying patch use-abort-on-all-platforms.patch
-- Using source at G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/buildtrees/libpng/src/v1.6.37-802966ac31
Building package libpng[core]:x64-windows... done
Installing package libpng[core]:x64-windows...
Installing package libpng[core]:x64-windows... done
Elapsed time for package libpng:x64-windows: 14.75 s
Starting package 3/33: opengl:x64-windows
Building package opengl[core]:x64-windows...
Building package opengl[core]:x64-windows... done
Installing package opengl[core]:x64-windows...
Installing package opengl[core]:x64-windows... done
Elapsed time for package opengl:x64-windows: 1.144 s
Starting package 4/33: libwebp:x64-windows
-- Downloading https://github.com/webmproject/libwebp/archive/v1.0.2.tar.gz...
-- Extracting source G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/downloads/webmproject-libwebp-v1.0.2.tar.gz
-- Applying patch 0001-build-fixes.patch
-- Applying patch 0002-cmake-config-add-backwards-compatibility.patch
-- Applying patch 0003-remove-missing-symbol.patch
-- Applying patch 0004-add-missing-linked-library.patch
-- Applying patch 0005-fix-static-build.patch
-- Using source at G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/buildtrees/libwebp/src/v1.0.2-3917ce9f58
-- Installing: G:/osgearth/vcpkg_scratch/packages/libwebp_x64-windows/share/libwebp/copyright
Building package libwebp[core]:x64-windows... done
Installing package libwebp[core]:x64-windows...
Installing package libwebp[core]:x64-windows... done
Elapsed time for package libwebp:x64-windows: 40.96 s
--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 9:02 PM adrianj [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for your tip.

The C compiler

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

http://forum.osgearth.org/OSGEarth-precompiled-dlls-tp7592752p7592755.html
NAML
adrianj adrianj
Reply | Threaded
|

Thank you for the response and help.

I have VS2015 with update 3, plenty of memory and it always fails on the libwebp section. I did some Googling and think it might be related to the version of CMake?? It recommends using 3.12.4 but the vcpkg keeps on downloading a later version and using that.

I will try again today. Has anybody else tried it using VS2015?

Many thanks for your help.

Adrian
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

Weird.  I built from scratch this morning and it finished and hour and a half later.  

Maybe it is specific to 2015 or cmake. I do use cmake 3.14.5.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 7:21 PM adrianj [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for the response and help.

I have VS2015 with update 3, plenty of memory and it always fails on the libwebp section. I did some Googling and think it might be related to the version of CMake?? It recommends using 3.12.4 but the vcpkg keeps on downloading a later version and using that.

I will try again today. Has anybody else tried it using VS2015?

Many thanks for your help.

Adrian

http://forum.osgearth.org/OSGEarth-precompiled-dlls-tp7592752p7592758.html
NAML
gangzou gangzou
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by adrianj
   VS2017 + vcpkg  function well, except gdal not  link  with proj4. gdal 3.0 with proj6.1 is better choice.