OSM mbtiles do not display in osgEarth_viewer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
bclay bclay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OSM mbtiles do not display in osgEarth_viewer

I downloaded an OSM mbtile file (sqlite db) and added the following to my earth file

<image name "OSM Mtiles" driver="mbtiles">
  <url>J:\GeoData\2017-02-03.planet_z0_z14.mbtiles</url>
</image>

when I start osgEarth_viewer using the modified earth file no errors are reported but the viewer does not display.  

sqlite3.exe can open the file and list its contents so I would think the file is intact.  As an alternative I tried to extract the images from the file but can not find any tools that are capable of creating a TMS style structure from the mbtile file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OSM mbtiles do not display in osgEarth_viewer

Bruce, does the mb_tiles.earth work for you?  If I remember, there are at least INFO messages describing the levels in the file.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019, 3:15 PM bclay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email] wrote:
I downloaded an OSM mbtile file (sqlite db) and added the following to my earth file

<image name "OSM Mtiles" driver="mbtiles">
  <url>J:\GeoData\2017-02-03.planet_z0_z14.mbtiles</url>
</image>

when I start osgEarth_viewer using the modified earth file no errors are reported but the viewer does not display.  

sqlite3.exe can open the file and list its contents so I would think the file is intact.  As an alternative I tried to extract the images from the file but can not find any tools that are capable of creating a TMS style structure from the mbtile file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/OSM-mbtiles-do-not-display-in-osgEarth-viewer-tp7592330.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
bclay bclay
Reply | Threaded
|

Paul:
  I tried to download the file required to tun the mb_tiles.earth test but https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7b650618563741ca9a5186c1aa69126e563741ca9a5186c1aa69126e errored out with "The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL"

Bruce
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|

Bruce, 

Can you check your osgearth/data folder, it is in the repo on Github:

--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:09 AM bclay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul:
  I tried to download the file required to tun the mb_tiles.earth test but https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7b650618563741ca9a5186c1aa69126e563741ca9a5186c1aa69126e errored out with "The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL"

Bruce

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/OSM-mbtiles-do-not-display-in-osgEarth-viewer-tp7592330p7592333.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
bclay bclay
Reply | Threaded
|

Paul:
  Sorry about the delay getting back to you.  Yes the mbtiles file in the distribution you suggested does work with osgEarth_viewer. In testing with sqlite3 there appears to be quite a difference in the structure of the OSM mbtiles sqlite database as compared to the one from OSM.

The OSM mbtiles has more tables
  geocoder_data = 0 entries
  grid_utfgrid = 0 entries
  keymap = 0 entries
  omtm = 3 entries
  grid_data = 0 entries
  grids = select count did not return
  map = select count did not return
  tiles = select count did not return
  grid_key = 0 entries
  images = select count did not return
  metadata = 15 entries

The earth mbtiles has
  images = 775 entries
  map = 1428 entries
  metadata = 6 entries
  tiles = 1428

Since sqlite23.exe does not return after several minutes trying to get the since of some of the key tables that there are too many in the table to be responsive.  if I just do a "select * from images limit 10" it does show 10 rows.
The same is true of the other tables that did not return when I did "select count(*) from
I have not found any tools that could extract the data to reorganize it into usable sized chunks

Bruce