6 messages Options
ElRudi ElRudi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with Bing driver

This post was updated on .
Hi,

i downloaded the actual master of osg (incl. 3rdParty) and osgEarth from github and compiled it with Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 7 (needed some tries because of the FindZLib cmake-bug and osgQt is not in osg-master anymore). I use the sample osgearth_qt5_windows and load tests/bing.earth (inserted my key). Now the application is crashing in ReaderWriterCURL.cpp -> EasyCurl::StreamMemoryCallback because data is NULL. openstreetmap.earth and readymap.earth are working fine. I have an old installation (1 year old, Visual Studio 2013) that is working with bing, too.

What could be the problem with bing in the new version?

Cheers,
Elrudi
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem with Bing driver

ElRudi,

The Bing driver tests out OK for me on OSG 3.4.x with osgEarth master branch. I'll test with OSG master when I get a chance, but hard to believe that would cause the problem you are seeing.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

ElRudi,
After re-reading your question I realized you mentioned ReaderWriterCURL, which is an OSG class that osgEarth does not use directly -- can you provide a stack trace of the crash?
ElRudi ElRudi
Reply | Threaded
|

No, sorry. I don't have a stack trace. How can i create it with Visual Studio? The question is why openstreetmap.earth and readymap.earth are working and bing.earth is not.
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Compile is Debug configuration; then run from VS. When it crashes you will see a stack trace.
ElRudi ElRudi
Reply | Threaded
|

I compiled the osgEarth master today with my old osg version and everything works fine. So there have to be changes in osg in the last year, that let the application crash when i use the bing driver...