Qt 5.6.3 map is displayed. Qt 5.11.1 map is not displayed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
DamianDixon DamianDixon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Qt 5.6.3 map is displayed. Qt 5.11.1 map is not displayed

I know that Qt support has been dropped by the osgEarth project, but I am hoping for some hints on why one version of Qt works and a newer version does not.

I have built the following with core profile:

OSG 3.6.3
osgQt (latest)
osgEarth 2.10 branch with updates to cmake files to build the old qt support libraries.

If I build the Qt support libraries with Qt 5.6.3 then my small application works.

If I build with Qt 5.11.1 then my application does not work.

I rebuild osgQt and osgEarth with the same options but I point cmake at different Qt installations when configuring for a build.

Has anyone else run into this problem and do they have any suggestions as to what may need to be changed to get osgEarth to work with Qt 5.11?

bclay bclay
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Qt 5.6.3 map is displayed. Qt 5.11.1 map is not displayed

Damian:
  I am successfully using Qt 5.11.1 with osgEarth 2.11 and the osgQt that was broken out a while back.

Can you provide information as to what does not work?

Bruce
DamianDixon DamianDixon
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Bruce,

With Qt 5.6.3 I see a globe with the WMS endpoints I specified in the earth file.

With Qt 5.11.1 I don't see a globe only the background colour. Attempting to cause a redraw using the mouse or keyboard does not work.

The Qt samples with osgEarth also don't display earth files. The other samples do work.

If I set OSG_NOTIFY to debug I see continuous debug output with Qt5.6 but not with Qt5.11. There is nothing obvious from the output that tells me where a problem may be occurring.

TBH it could be the OpenGL drivers or subtle changes in Qt OpenGL configuration between versions.

Now that I know someone has it working I'll put sometime aside to figure out what is happening.

Thanks for letting me know that you have this configuration working.

Regards,
Damian
bclay bclay
Reply | Threaded
|

Damian:
  This sounds more like a problem with WMS than earth Qt.  Double check the WMS example to see if displays using your WMS server.  I think there were some changes to the WMS code between 5.6 and 5.11 though I am not sure.

Bruce