8 messages Options
Daniel Daniel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Running osgEarth Examples

Hello,

I just got osgearth to build, but when I try to run an example it gives a system error. So for osgearth_fog.exe the error is "The program can't start because osg130-osg.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" but the file exists in my Documents\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph\bin folder. I've built and installed openscenegraph and the problem still persists.
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Running osgEarth Examples

Daniel,

The osg libraries need to be in your Windows path when executing osgearth examples.  You can either add the path to the osg bin folder to your Windows PATH variable, copy one set of libs to the other folder, or use the CMAKE INSTALL_TO_OSG_DIR flag to do that for you.

--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Daniel [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I just got osgearth to build, but when I try to run an example it gives a system error. So for osgearth_fog.exe the error is "The program can't start because osg130-osg.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" but the file exists in my Documents\OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0\OpenSceneGraph\bin folder. I've built and installed openscenegraph and the problem still persists.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Running-osgEarth-Examples-tp7590769.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML

Daniel Daniel
Reply | Threaded
|  

Awesome. Thank you. Now, however they run but don't quite load in the textures.

I'm using the command:
osg_viewer "C:\path\to\osgearth\tests\clouds.earth"

and receiving the warning:

Warning: Error in reading to "C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg".
[osgEarth]* [EarthSerializer2] Layer "Clouds" : Resource unavailable : Failed to load data from "C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg"

cloud_combined_2048.jpg is in that folder. and the osgdb_jpeg.dll is built in the release folder.

Any ideas? Thanks again.
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|  

Daniel,

Can you run osgviewer --image C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg

That will show whether the jpg library is working usually.

If you run osgearth_viewer.exe path/to/osgearth/tests/readymap.earth does that look correct?

--

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Daniel [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome. Thank you. Now, however they run but don't quite load in the textures.

I'm using the command:
osg_viewer "C:\path\to\osgearth\tests\clouds.earth"

and receiving the warning:

Warning: Error in reading to "C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg".
[osgEarth]* [EarthSerializer2] Layer "Clouds" : Resource unavailable : Failed to load data from "C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg"

cloud_combined_2048.jpg is in that folder. and the osgdb_jpeg.dll is built in the release folder.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

http://forum.osgearth.org/Running-osgEarth-Examples-tp7590769p7590785.html
NAML

Daniel Daniel
Reply | Threaded
|  

They do not. osgviewer --image C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg doesn't show any errors but pulls up just a solid blue image, and osgearth_viewer.exe path/to/osgearth/tests/readymap.earth is just a solid blue with a white circle.
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
|  

Daniel,

My guess is the library is not quite right.  You can try to other formats using osgviewer --image file.png as an example and see if this is a jpeg problem or bigger problem.

You can also try setting the notification level higher so you can see more information using the environment variable set OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=INFO

The OSG users mailing list might also be a useful resource.

--

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Daniel [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
They do not. osgviewer --image C:/Users/X/Documents/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/osgearth-osgearth-2.8/data/cloud_combined_2048.jpg doesn't show any errors but pulls up just a solid blue image, and osgearth_viewer.exe path/to/osgearth/tests/readymap.earth is just a solid blue with a white circle.

http://forum.osgearth.org/Running-osgEarth-Examples-tp7590769p7590788.html
NAML

Daniel Daniel
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Daniel
Got everything working. For those that are curious, for OSG, the cmake file automatically checks for the OpenSceneGraph/3rdparty folder, while the download is named 3rdParty (CAPITAL P!). Thank you for all the help
Daniel Daniel
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by plevy
Got everything working. For those that are curious, for OSG, the cmake file automatically checks for the OpenSceneGraph/3rdparty folder, while the download is named 3rdParty (CAPITAL P!). Thank you for all the help.