classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
troyle troyle
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sample osgearth_server crashes when index.html is opened/refreshed

Hello,

I am trying to use OSGEarth as a terrain server for a work project.
In the samples projects there is a "server" project, but I cannot get it to work...

I have built my own version of GDAL and OSG to build OSGEarth and those projects build with no issues.
I can also run other sample projects which verifies (I think) that the core OSGEarth is working.

When running the sample project, everything seems fine when I load in the readymap.earth file.
When I open the index.html file provided, this message appears in the console:
Windows Error #2000: Win32WindowingSystem::OpenGLContext() - Unable to restore current OpenGL rendering context. Reason: The pixel format is invalid.

Unable to create osg::Program "VisibleLayer" contextID=0
VERTEX glCompileShader "RexEngine.SDK.vert.glsl_VERTEX" FAILED
FRAGMENT glCompileShader "RexEngine.SDK.vert.glsl_FRAGMENT" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_rexEngine_vert_model" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_rexEngine_vert_view" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_rex_setTexCoords" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_rexEngine_elevation" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_normalMapVertex" FAILED
FRAGMENT glCompileShader "oe_normalMapFragment" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_rexEngine_morph" FAILED
FRAGMENT glCompileShader "oe_rexEngine_frag" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "oe_VisibleLayer_initOpacity" FAILED
VERTEX glCompileShader "main(vertex)" FAILED
FRAGMENT glCompileShader "main(fragment)" FAILED
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after RenderBin::draw(..)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at end of SceneView::draw()
glLinkProgram 00000225750024E0"VisibleLayer" FAILED
Program "VisibleLayer" infolog:
Vertex info
-----------
0(51) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rexEngine_vert_model(vec4);"
0(52) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rexEngine_morph(vec4);"
0(53) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rexEngine_elevation(vec4);"
0(54) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_VisibleLayer_initOpacity(vec4);"
0(57) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rexEngine_vert_view(vec4);"
0(58) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rex_setTexCoords(vec4);"
0(59) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_normalMapVertex(vec4);"

Fragment info
-------------
0(58) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_normalMapFragment(vec4);"
0(59) : error C3002: call to undefined function "void oe_rexEngine_frag(vec4);"

Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after applying attribute VirtualProgram 0000022573CEDDB0

When I look into the project and run in debug mode, the program crashes on line 807:
glDrawElements(primitiveType, _drawElements->getNumIndices(), _drawElements->getDataType(), (const GLvoid *)(ebo->getOffset(_drawElements->getBufferIndex())));

However, when placing a breakpoint, the line doesn't break for the first 2 passes. On the third pass, I receive a null pointer exception:
Exception thrown at 0x00007FF8A076D6DE (nvoglv64.dll) in osgearth_serverd.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

I realise that this is probably an OSG and thus an OpenGL issue, but was wondering if this issue is replicable or anyone has had this and knows how to fix it?

Thanks,
- Tom

MORE INFO (My call stack):
  nvoglv64.dll!00007ff8a076d6de() Unknown
  nvoglv64.dll!00007ff89fe8849c() Unknown
  opengl32.dll!00007ff8d99412da() Unknown
> osgdb_osgearth_engine_rexd.dll!osgEarth::REX::SharedGeometry::drawImplementation(osg::RenderInfo & renderInfo) Line 810 C++
  [External Code]
  osgdb_osgearth_engine_rexd.dll!osgEarth::REX::DrawTileCommand::draw(osg::RenderInfo & ri, osgEarth::REX::DrawState & dsMaster, osg::Referenced * layerData) Line 143 C++
  osgdb_osgearth_engine_rexd.dll!osgEarth::REX::LayerDrawable::drawImplementation(osg::RenderInfo & ri) Line 114 C++
  [External Code]
  osgearth_serverd.exe!TileImageServer::getTile(unsigned int z, unsigned int x, unsigned int y) Line 446 C++
  osgearth_serverd.exe!TileRequestHandler::handleRequest(Poco::Net::HTTPServerRequest & request, Poco::Net::HTTPServerResponse & response) Line 493 C++
  PocoNetd.dll!Poco::Net::HTTPServerConnection::run() Line 90 C++
  PocoNetd.dll!Poco::Net::TCPServerConnection::start() Line 43 C++
  PocoNetd.dll!Poco::Net::TCPServerDispatcher::run() Line 119 C++
  PocoFoundationd.dll!Poco::PooledThread::run() Line 199 C++
  PocoFoundationd.dll!Poco::`anonymous namespace'::RunnableHolder::run() Line 56 C++
  PocoFoundationd.dll!Poco::ThreadImpl::runnableEntry(void * pThread) Line 205 C++
  [External Code]
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sample osgearth_server crashes when index.html is opened/refreshed

Tom,
No one has used the osgearth_server app in a long time. I would not be at all surprised to find it non-functional. In any case a likely problem is that the machine is failing to create an appropriate GL context. Beyond that I'm afraid I cannot be of much help ... what are you trying to use it for?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
troyle troyle
Reply | Threaded
|

I need to look into the serving of tiles over the network so that another piece of software can load them and display.
A terrain server so that it can separate the processing to another, more powerful server.

Any ideas how I can do this or any examples that might help?

Thanks,
Tom

Sent: 07 April 2020 19:15
To: troyle <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Sample osgearth_server crashes when index.html is opened/refreshed

Tom,
No one has used the osgearth_server app in a long time. I would not be at all surprised to find it non-functional. In any case a likely problem is that the machine is failing to create an appropriate GL context. Beyond that I'm afraid I cannot be of much help ... what are you trying to use it for?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Sample-osgearth-server-crashes-when-index-html-is-opened-refreshed-tp7593125p7593131.html
To unsubscribe from Sample osgearth_server crashes when index.html is opened/refreshed, click here.
NAML
troyle troyle
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by gwaldron
Hi,

Sorry to bump this, but I need to work on something soon.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Sent: 07 April 2020 21:19
To: gwaldron [via osgEarth] <ml+[hidden email]>

I need to look into the serving of tiles over the network so that another piece of software can load them and display.
A terrain server so that it can separate the processing to another, more powerful server.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

http://forum.osgearth.org/Sample-osgearth-server-crashes-when-index-html-is-opened-refreshed-tp7593125p7593131.html
To unsubscribe from Sample osgearth_server crashes when index.html is opened/refreshed, click here.
NAML
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Tom,

As Glenn said osgearth_server isn't something that is actively used and maintained and it's probably not the right tool for our job.  It's original purpose was to be able to take some of the GPU techniques that osgEarth does like splatting ground textures and make them available to more traditional image based GIS viewers like OpenLayers.

What application are you wanting to use view the tiles?  To actually prepare tiles you could make an earth file and use osgearth_conv (http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/user/tools.html#osgearth-conv) but I'd also suggest just using something like QGIS or GDAL itself to make TMS tiles rather than try to hack around with osgearth to generate tiles.

Jason

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:21 AM troyle [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to bump this, but I need to work on something soon.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Sent: 07 April 2020 21:19
To: gwaldron [via osgEarth] <ml+[hidden email]>

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

NAML

http://forum.osgearth.org/Sample-osgearth-server-crashes-when-index-html-is-opened-refreshed-tp7593125p7593140.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
troyle troyle
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Jason,

I am using VR-Forces as well as other 1st party software to load these tiles.
My basic need to to have the terrain stuff (loading and querying terrain for line of sight etc.) oh a separate machine to take the load off of the other machines.
The gist of it is to make sure everyone is running off the same data and to maintain interoperability.
I'll check out osgearth_conv, any other hints?

Thanks,
Tom