[Solved] Problem with driver="xyz"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Solved] Problem with driver="xyz"

This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm again experiencing problems with imagery. And it could possibly be problem with PROJ 6.

If I use imagery sources with driver="xyz" - I have whitened parts of the globe. Here are few examples with different sources:





I use OSG 3.6.4, osgearth 2.10.2, GDAL 3.0.1, PROJ 6.2.0.

And here is my earth file with these layers:
data.earth
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

Is there any suspicious console output? If you set OSGEARTH_NOTIFY_LEVEL=1?

Does it still fail if you remove the cache?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

Nikita,

Let me get GDAL 3 setup again and I'll try to reproduce it.

Thank you
--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping


On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:16 AM gwaldron [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any suspicious console output? If you set OSGEARTH_NOTIFY_LEVEL=1?

Does it still fail if you remove the cache?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Problem-with-driver-xyz-tp7592880p7592882.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

In reply to this post by gwaldron
Not sure that there is anything suspicious in the output. I turned OSGEARTH_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG and saved the output:
log.txt

Also I cleared the osgearth cache and launched osgearth_viewer with the same earth file from the first post. I took a video:
https://youtu.be/HFEKg38fA4g



So it looks like imagery is disappearing too early. You can see this behaviour in the end of the video when I fly away from the Earth.
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

Nikita,

I see it also.  I know we talked about GDAL 3 a while back, is this issue new or you just happen to notice it now? I know previously there was a different issue.

Thank you
--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping


On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 12:50 PM Nikkitta [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not sure that there is anything suspicious in the output. I turned OSGEARTH_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG and saved the output:
log.txt

Also I cleared the osgearth cache and launched osgearth_viewer with the same earth file from the first post. I took a video:
https://youtu.be/HFEKg38fA4g



So it looks like imagery is disappearing too early. You can see this behaviour in the end of the video when I fly away from the Earth.
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Problem-with-driver-xyz-tp7592880p7592885.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

It's a new issue, I just happen to notice it now. I can neither confirm nor deny whether this problem existed previously.

And yes, previously it was an issue with shifted imagery over elevation and as far as I understood it was my build issue.
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

I committed a small change to use the webmerc alias which was new in Proj5.  It is working for me with your sources.

Thank you for finding that one
--
Paul Levy : Pelican Mapping


On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:49 AM Nikkitta [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's a new issue, I just happen to notice it now. I can neither confirm nor deny whether this problem existed previously.

And yes, previously it was an issue with shifted imagery over elevation and as far as I understood it was my build issue.
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/Problem-with-driver-xyz-tp7592880p7592887.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Nikkitta Nikkitta
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with driver="xyz"

Yes, it's working for me too.
Thanks a lot for the fix!
Best regards,
Nikita Petrov