Thoughts on OverlayNode

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Adam Adam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thoughts on OverlayNode

I know Glenn has said before to avoid inserting things into the osgEarth graph, so I have been thinking about using OverlayNodes on top of the earth (i.e. lat/long lines).  However, this overlay would be optional.  So would the best method be to have:

Group root
root->addChild(overlay)
overlay->addChild(osgEarth)

And then just overlay->setOverlaySubgraph(NULL) when it's disabled?  I don't think that will cause any real performance hit. I'm trying to avoid using an image of lines for the grid since I think that would look worse when you can see multiple LODs.  Anyone else have thoughts?

Thanks,
Adam
Adam Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Thoughts on OverlayNode

Or, better yet, use a switch as the sub-graph and then just disable all children when not needed.
Adam Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

So I just looked through the changes over the past couple days, and it looks like you guys might have beat me to my own problem!  The model/feature framework looks very promising, and I hopefully will be able to provide some testing soon.
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Great!  This something new we've started to work on so any input or thoughts you have will be welcome.

Thanks,

Jason

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Adam [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I just looked through the changes over the past couple days, and it looks like you guys might have beat me to my own problem!  The model/feature framework looks very promising, and I hopefully will be able to provide some testing soon.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Thoughts-on-OverlayNode-tp3864850p3933211.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.