classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Mr Woo Mr Woo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

World desperately flat

Hello,

Just a question about shape files and geocentric map type. I try to render one of the Natural Earth shape file on a geocentric map using:
  - the feature_geom driver, but the layer model is rendered as a plane
  - the agglite driver, the image layer is well mapped on the globe, but some countries are not filled properly. I suspect that some geometries fail to parse and are end up as holes filled with the defined stroke color.

Please note, that on a projected map, the model layer is ok. I wonder if I haven't understand something or if the shape file is buggy. Do you have any explanation? Thank you.
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: World desperately flat

Can you post your earth file and we can take a look?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 11:01 PM Mr Woo [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Just a question about shape files and geocentric map type. I try to render one of the Natural Earth shape file on a geocentric map using:
  - the feature_geom driver, but the layer model is rendered as a plane
  - the agglite driver, the image layer is well mapped on the globe, but some countries are not filled properly. I suspect that some geometries fail to parse and are end up as holes filled with the defined stroke color.

Please note, that on a projected map, the model layer is ok. I wonder if I haven't understand something or if the shape file is buggy. Do you have any explanation? Thank you.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/World-desperately-flat-tp7590469.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML