classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
jwils jwils
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Yahoo JPG/PNG issue

Hello,

I'm using the osgEarth trunk, rev 614.  When I run the yahoo_maps.earth file, I can't seem to get the lower levels of roads to download and display (yahoo zoom level 13, so I think osgEarth zoom level 11).  I've tried accessing some of the tiles in my browser, and it looks like the tiles at the lower level all come as .png files, not .jpg as the Yahoo driver expects.  Could I be missing some PNG driver along the way?  I'm using OSG 2.8.0.  Thanks for any ideas you have!
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Yahoo JPG/PNG issue

Hi jwilis,

Very interesting....I didn't realize that the tiles switched over to PNG at a lower level, we were assuming they were all JPG.

I've made a quick change to the Yahoo driver in the SVN trunk that first tries to load the image as a JPG and then as a PNG, so an update should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Jason

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM, jwils (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the osgEarth trunk, rev 614.  When I run the yahoo_maps.earth file, I can't seem to get the lower levels of roads to download and display (yahoo zoom level 13, so I think osgEarth zoom level 11).  I've tried accessing some of the tiles in my browser, and it looks like the tiles at the lower level all come as .png files, not .jpg as the Yahoo driver expects.  Could I be missing some PNG driver along the way?  I'm using OSG 2.8.0.  Thanks for any ideas you have!

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Yahoo-JPG-PNG-issue-tp3617916p3617916.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

jwils jwils
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Yahoo JPG/PNG issue

Works great!  Thank you for the fix.