3 messages Options
ClaudiuTanase ClaudiuTanase
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

culling problem at close-up?

Hello
First of all, great app you've got there :D
I have a little issue when trying to zoom in in osgviewer, when being very close to the ground, there are certain angles from which the terrain just dissapears and i am able to see some tiles from the opposite side of the earth (which should be backfaces?). I am certain i am above the ground. After a few seconds the terrain is shown, but if i move the camera just a little the whole thing starts over again. Any idea why it happens or how to fix?
I am pretty sure this is not the effect of standard frustum culling (btw, is there any way to change the znear value?).
Thank you
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: culling problem at close-up?

Hi Claudiu,

Try using the latest version from SVN or the new 1.0 tag, we just committed some changes to the way cluster culling is set up that might mix your issue.

Thanks!

Jason

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Claudiu (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello
First of all, great app you've got there :D
I have a little issue when trying to zoom in in osgviewer, when being very close to the ground, there are certain angles from which the terrain just dissapears and i am able to see some tiles from the opposite side of the earth (which should be backfaces?). I am certain i am above the ground. After a few seconds the terrain is shown, but if i move the camera just a little the whole thing starts over again. Any idea why it happens or how to fix?
I am pretty sure this is not the effect of standard frustum culling (btw, is there any way to change the znear value?).
Thank you

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/culling-problem-at-close-up--tp2575304p2575304.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: culling problem at close-up?

In reply to this post by ClaudiuTanase
I've seen this too, esp. when you zoom in close and slew around. I will put it on the bug list

Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping