classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Sumit Pandey Sumit Pandey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

does Agglite plugin supports textures?

hi,

As far as i can see agglite plugin changes the geometry(set of points) given to it into raster layer and merges it with the other layers. I wanted to use a textured geometry to be changed into raster layer. As far as i can see its not supported in agglite. Am i correct? if yes, Is there any other way to do it. Can anyone give pointer, how can i implement it in osgearth.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Sumit Pandey
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: does Agglite plugin supports textures?

Hi Sumit,

The agglite plugin takes vector data and rasterizes it into image tiles.  If you have textured geometry that you want overlaid on the terrain you might want to look at the osgSim::OverlayNode.  

Thanks,

Jason

On Jul 4, 2010, at 6:41 PM, "Sumit Pandey [via osgEarth]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi,

As far as i can see agglite plugin changes the geometry(set of points) given to it into raster layer and merges it with the other layers. I wanted to use a textured geometry to be changed into raster layer. As far as i can see its not supported in agglite. Am i correct? if yes, Is there any other way to do it. Can anyone give pointer, how can i implement it in osgearth.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Sumit Pandey

View message @ http://forum.osgearth.org/does-Agglite-plugin-supports-textures-tp5254388p5254388.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Sumit Pandey
Sumit,

Another idea would be to render your geometry to a texture, then use that texture to create image tiles. You would have to implement this as a custom TileSource since it's not built in to osgEarth.

Glenn
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Sumit Pandey Sumit Pandey
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks a lot for your replies.

@jasonbeverage, I have previously used osgSim::OverlayNode for texture draping but it faces some artifacts. At some angles in perspective, texture distorts. Does this problem occurs with overlay node.

@gwaldron , I was thinking the same. Possibly this is best way to do it.