classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Juan Casanueva Juan Casanueva
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

missing zip.h file

Hi,

I was building osgEarth under windows, and I got an error building the zipfs plugin.
It cannot find the "zip.h" file.
I have zlib as the 3rdparty dependencies but I don't have the file zip.h. That other dependency am I missing? and were can I download it?

thanks a lot

Juan
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: missing zip.h file

Hi juan

You will need to download libzip for windows to get the zipfs plugin to build.  Do a google search for" libzip visual studio solution" to find an easy windows build of libzip. If you are using mike's 3rd party dependencies make sure to build libzip against his copy of zlib

Thanks!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 23, 2009, at 4:58 AM, "Juan Casanueva (via Nabble) - No Reply" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I was building osgEarth under windows, and I got an error building the zipfs plugin.
It cannot find the "zip.h" file.
I have zlib as the 3rdparty dependencies but I don't have the file zip.h. That other dependency am I missing? and were can I download it?

thanks a lot

Juan

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/missing-zip.h-file-tp2202453p2202453.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help, however, I don't seem to find a version of libzip for windows!
I don't have permissions for the page https://sourceforge.net/projects/libzip/ which seems to have a visual studio solution for libzip, and I don't find another one!
If you have it, perhaps you should add it to the osgEarth page?
or if you have a website that has a visual studio solution for zlib?

regards
Juan
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Juan,

I have attached the Windows binaries to the Downloads page on the wiki. Please give it a try.

Glenn
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Glenn,

thanks for putting the libzip windows binaries on the page. It now compiles:)

regards
Juan
christian_sam christian_sam
Reply | Threaded
|

newbie questions:

* i assume libzip isn't the same as zlib (the one from the osg-3rdparty archive) -> is this right?

* so i also used the libzip windows binaries from the osgearth website, because i couldnt find something adequate via google. under windows my osgearth compiles in release mode, but doesn't in debug - i assume this is caused because the libzip package has only be built in release mode -> is this right?

* does this mean i can't debug my osgearth application?

best regards,
christian
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Christian,

First of all: Libzip is optional, and is only required for the experimental zipfile-based caching. Your best bet it just to omit it from the CMake configuration.

Libzip is not the same as zlib.

What is the compile error you get in debug mode?
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Christian,

What versions of CMake and Visual Studio are you using?  I just tried here under CMake 2.4.8 and Visual Studio 2005 and it built fine in both release and Debug.

Thanks!

Jason

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM, gwaldron (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Christian,

First of all: Libzip is optional, and is only required for the experimental zipfile-based caching. Your best bet it just to omit it from the CMake configuration.

Libzip is not the same as zlib.

What is the compile error you get in debug mode?
Glenn Waldron * Pelican Mapping * [hidden email] * +1 703 652 4791

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/missing-zip.h-file-tp2202453p2470751.html

Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by gwaldron
========== Build: 14 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 2 skipped ==========

the buildlog from the file which couldnt be built:
BuildLog.htm
Reply | Threaded
|

hm' it seems that the file is not viewable, i will post the buildlog here:

2>------ Build started: Project: osgEarth, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Linking...
2>   Creating library C:\_devel\osgearth\osgearth-rev291\build\lib\Debug\osgEarthd.lib and object C:\_devel\osgearth\osgearth-rev291\build\lib\Debug\osgEarthd.exp
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_ParserFree referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_ErrorString referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_GetErrorCode referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_GetCurrentLineNumber referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_Parse referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_SetCharacterDataHandler referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_SetElementHandler referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_SetUserData referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>XmlUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__XML_ParserCreate referenced in function "public: static class osgEarth::XmlDocument * __cdecl osgEarth::XmlDocument::load(class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?load@XmlDocument@osgEarth@@SAPAV12@AAV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
2>curllibD.lib(easy.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSACleanup@0 referenced in function _win32_init
2>curllibD.lib(telnet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSACleanup@0
2>curllibD.lib(easy.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAStartup@8 referenced in function _win32_init
2>curllibD.lib(telnet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAStartup@8
2>curllibD.lib(http.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(multi.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(url.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4 referenced in function _conn_free
2>curllibD.lib(transfer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__closesocket@4
2>curllibD.lib(telnet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(select.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(transfer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0 referenced in function _Transfer
2>curllibD.lib(sendf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(tftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSAGetLastError@0
2>curllibD.lib(getinfo.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__recv@16 referenced in function _Curl_getinfo
2>curllibD.lib(sendf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__recv@16
2>curllibD.lib(sendf.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__send@16 referenced in function _send_plain
2>curllibD.lib(telnet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__send@16
2>curllibD.lib(inet_ntop.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__inet_ntoa@4 referenced in function _inet_ntop4
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSASetLastError@4 referenced in function _Curl_wait_for_resolv
2>curllibD.lib(select.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__WSASetLastError@4
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gethostbyname@4 referenced in function _Curl_getaddrinfo
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__inet_addr@4 referenced in function _Curl_getaddrinfo
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__inet_addr@4
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__inet_addr@4
2>curllibD.lib(hostthre.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__socket@12 referenced in function _init_resolve_thread
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__socket@12
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__socket@12
2>curllibD.lib(hostip4.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons@4 referenced in function _Curl_he2ai
2>curllibD.lib(socks.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons@4
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__htons@4
2>curllibD.lib(tftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__bind@12 referenced in function _tftp_connect
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__bind@12
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__bind@12
2>curllibD.lib(tftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__recvfrom@24 referenced in function _tftp_do
2>curllibD.lib(tftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__sendto@24 referenced in function _tftp_send_first
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__listen@8 referenced in function _ftp_state_use_port
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ntohs@4 referenced in function _ftp_state_use_port
2>curllibD.lib(socks.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ntohs@4
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ntohs@4
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__getsockname@12 referenced in function _ftp_state_use_port
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__getsockname@12
2>curllibD.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__accept@12 referenced in function _AllowServerConnect
2>curllibD.lib(timeval.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetTime@0 referenced in function _gettimeofday
2>curllibD.lib(select.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___WSAFDIsSet@8 referenced in function _Curl_socket_ready
2>curllibD.lib(select.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__select@20 referenced in function _Curl_socket_ready
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ioctlsocket@12 referenced in function _Curl_nonblock
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__getsockopt@20 referenced in function _verifyconnect
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__connect@12 referenced in function _singleipconnect
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__setsockopt@20 referenced in function _tcpnodelay
2>curllibD.lib(connect.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__getprotobyname@4 referenced in function _tcpnodelay
2>C:\_devel\osgearth\osgearth-rev291\build\lib\Debug\osgEarthd.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 36 unresolved externals
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\_devel\osgearth\osgearth-rev291\build\src\osgEarth\osgEarth.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
2>osgEarth - 66 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Reply | Threaded
|

sorry forgot to post the enviroment:

cmake 2.6, visual studio 2005 sp1
Reply | Threaded
|

with cmake 2.4-8 it works, problem solved
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Christian,

Those errors are from the Curl and Expat debug libraries not being linked correctly, glad using 2.4.8 worked.

CMake is apparently a very strange and fragile creature, I typically use the latest CMake 2.6 and have had problems like you're seeing using 2.4.8.  The fact that 2.6 doesn't work for you but CMake 2.4.8 does really boggles the mind:)

Glad you got it working and good luck!

Jason

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM, susi_apfelsaft (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
with cmake 2.4-8 it works, problem solved

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/missing-zip.h-file-tp2202453p2470968.html