newlines being printed to std::out when connected?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
brett brett
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

newlines being printed to std::out when connected?

Hi,

I loaded heightfield.earth and I'm seeing LOTS of newlines being printed out to the console. I'm using svn revision 281 (it was tot when I pulled it down).

Anyone know what's causing this?

Thanks,
Brett
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: newlines being printed to std::out when connected?

Hi Brett,

What dataset are you seeing this with and under what conditions?  I've seen this happen every once in awhile, looks like there is a phantom std::endl lurking around somewhere:)  I'll see if I can track it down.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM, brett (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I loaded heightfield.earth and I'm seeing LOTS of newlines being printed out to the console. I'm using svn revision 281 (it was tot when I pulled it down).

Thanks,
Brett

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/newlines-being-printed-to-std%3A%3Aout-when-connected--tp2494526p2494526.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: newlines being printed to std::out when connected?

In reply to this post by brett
Hi Brett,

My best guess is that it comes down to the OSG plugins returning ReadResult::ERROR_IN_READING_FILE in some cases.  The implementation of readImageFile in OpenSceneGraph tries to print out the "message" property of the ReadResult followed by a new line if there was an error in reading the file.  Most plugins don't set a message, so you are just seeing the new line.

I'll try to think of a way to avoid this, but I think the current behavior makes sense.  For the time being, you can set your notify level to FATAL to avoid seeing all the new lines.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Jason Beverage <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brett,

What dataset are you seeing this with and under what conditions?  I've seen this happen every once in awhile, looks like there is a phantom std::endl lurking around somewhere:)  I'll see if I can track it down.

Thanks!

Jason

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM, brett (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Brett

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/newlines-being-printed-to-std%3A%3Aout-when-connected--tp2494526p2494526.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.