classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Vaibhav Bansal Vaibhav Bansal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

openstreetmap and combine layers

Hello,

If I use openstreetmaps with a base terain layer, with combine_layers set to false the openstreetmap has a transparency applied to automatically.

However if i set combine_layers to true, or use the default, the openstreet map replaces the underlying terrain layer.

Can someone can explain to me how is it possible, since openstreetmap does not seem to have transparency.

I looked through the code and did not find anything.

Thanks and Regards
Vaibhav Bansal

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: openstreetmap and combine layers

Hi Vaibhav,

combine_layers is on by default, and it sets up the texture combiners to essentially paint the layers one on top of the other using the alpha values in the images to indicate transparent or partially transparent portions of the image. With combine layers off, I believe it just modulates the textures together.  The background color of the OSM data is fairly light, which is why the base map stands out.

Thanks,

Jason

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Vaibhav Bansal (via Nabble) - No Reply <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

If I use openstreetmaps with a base terain layer, with combine_layers set to false the openstreetmap has a transparency applied to automatically.

However if i set combine_layers to true, or use the default, the openstreet map replaces the underlying terrain layer.

Can someone can explain to me how is it possible, since openstreetmap does not seem to have transparency.

I looked through the code and did not find anything.

Thanks and Regards
Vaibhav Bansal

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/openstreetmap-and-combine-layers-tp3512266p3512266.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

Vaibhav Bansal Vaibhav Bansal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: openstreetmap and combine layers

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, It seems the case.
-vaibhav bansal