openvrviewer integration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
12
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

openvrviewer integration

Hi,


Did anyone tried osgearth integration with openvrviewer to use with htc vive ?

I have tried but finding lots of unresolved external symbols ??


regards,
Jai
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

We've never tried openvrviewer but we have used a project called call OpenFrames to run osgearth on the Vive and it works great. 

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018, 2:05 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,


Did anyone tried osgearth integration with openvrviewer to use with htc vive ?

I have tried but finding lots of unresolved external symbols ??


regards,
Jai


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

This post was updated on .
great news Jason. thanks .

I have gone through this and built this.. What we need to do over an above for HTC vive?


regards,
Jai
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Hi Jason,

Built with openvr n osgearth but not able to see it in vive ?? Which viewer shall I use??

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

I think you run
 ofviewer --vr modeltoload
to start it on the Vive.  

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018, 12:48 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Built with openvr n osgearth but not able to see it in vive ?? Which viewer shall I use??




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592074.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Hi Jason, 
It is giving me error of reading file error. .Earth not implemented

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, 00:36 jasonbeverage [via osgEarth], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think you run
 ofviewer --vr modeltoload
to start it on the Vive.  

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018, 12:48 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Built with openvr n osgearth but not able to see it in vive ?? Which viewer shall I use??




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592074.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592077.html
To unsubscribe from openvrviewer integration, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Jason,
Please let me know what went wrong as m very keen to watch it in vr
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Jay I can't say what is wrong.  It sounds like your build is messed up or your path is incorrect.  

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:24 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jason,
Please let me know what went wrong as m very keen to watch it in vr


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592082.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Other model files are running well.  What path you are pointing to??  How to ensure osgearth integration??
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

From the same path if you can run osgviewer readymap.earth (or whatever your trying to load) then ofviewer should work exactly the same.  So if you can load it with osgviewer then ofviewer shouldn't have an issue.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 1:11 PM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Other model files are running well.  What path you are pointing to??  How to ensure osgearth integration??


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592084.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

This post was updated on .
finally i copied all .earth plugins and dependencies and it is working . but vive controllers are not working ??

Any help towards this?

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

No, it means you have a dependency of osgearth or the osgearth dlls themselves missing from your path.  

Jason

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 12:26 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
osgviewer is working well with all other models but osgviewer readymap.earth gives same read error (could not find plugin to read readymap.earth) . To read earth file we need osgearthviewer ??




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592090.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
plevy plevy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Depending on how Windows feels that day, opening the executable by double-clicking on it rather than from a shell will pop up an error message with the missing dll
 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 11:04 AM jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, it means you have a dependency of osgearth or the osgearth dlls themselves missing from your path.  

Jason

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 12:26 AM jay [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
osgviewer is working well with all other models but osgviewer readymap.earth gives same read error (could not find plugin to read readymap.earth) . To read earth file we need osgearthviewer ??




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592090.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592096.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Ofviewer --vr is working well but controllers r not working!  Any help towards this??
jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

I can see earth globe but i am not able to use panning, zoom in / out , navigation etc. using vive controllers ?? is this require some more interfacing ?
Lucy Lucy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
I built OpenFrames and run ofviewer.exe,sothing weird happened. By the way,I use OSG 3.6.3,osgEarth2.10,VS2017. Any who can give me a light? Regards, Lucy
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

This once again looks like a build and or path issue.  Make sure you're building EVERYTHING with the same version of Visual Studio, in the same mode (release vs debug) and you have your path setup correctly.  If you're having trouble doing that I'd suggest looking into vcpkg:  http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/vcpkg.html.  It's much easier to deal with as long as you're using VS 2015 or VS 2017 than downloading random 3rd party dependencies for osg.

Jason

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 8:16 AM Lucy [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I built OpenFrames and run ofviewer.exe,sothing weird happened. By the way,I use OSG 3.6.3,osgEarth2.10,VS2017. Any who can give me a light? Regards, Lucy


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592113.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
Lucy Lucy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

Thank you very much! I will compile OSG and osgEarth again to confirm my environment. Regards, Lucy
Lucy Lucy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Dear jasonbeverage, I rebuilt osg3.6.2 and latest osgearth. Could you give me a light? Thank you very much. By the way,osgviewer readymap.earth and osgviewer --vr cow.osg runs well. Regards, Lucy
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openvrviewer integration

No idea.   Just looks like a bad build to me or a path issue.   

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018, 2:59 AM Lucy [via osgEarth] <[hidden email] wrote:
Dear jasonbeverage, I rebuilt osg3.6.2 and latest osgearth. Could you give me a light? Thank you very much. By the way,osgviewer readymap.earth and osgviewer --vr cow.osg runs well. Regards, Lucy


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/openvrviewer-integration-tp7592064p7592138.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
12