Quantcast

osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Hi all,

We're preparing for an osgEarth 2.8 release very soon and would appreciate any testing and feedback from the community.  If there are any issues please add them to Github so we can track them.

Thanks!

Jason
djg318 djg318
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Hi Jason. 

 

Is the list of what the new release includes published somewhere?

 

Thanks,

Carol aka djg318

 

 

From: jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:46 PM
To: Rydzak, Carol-P28503
Subject: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

 

Hi all,

We're preparing for an osgEarth 2.8 release very soon and would appreciate any testing and feedback from the community.  If there are any issues please add them to Github so we can track them.

Thanks!

Jason


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698.html

To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

HI Carol,

We don't have an updated change log just yet.  Let me work on that tomorrow.  It'll be posted at http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/releasenotes.html as we change it.

Thanks!

Jason

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM djg318 [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jason. 

 

Is the list of what the new release includes published somewhere?

 

Thanks,

Carol aka djg318

 

 

From: jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] [mailto:[hidden email][hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:46 PM
To: Rydzak, Carol-P28503
Subject: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

 

Hi all,

We're preparing for an osgEarth 2.8 release very soon and would appreciate any testing and feedback from the community.  If there are any issues please add them to Github so we can track them.

Thanks!

Jason


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698.html

To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
ADB ADB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

So we have a few issues that we're trying to hunt down:

Rex Engine: Did the shader injection change between MP engine and Rex?  We are testing master and can get MP engine to work just fine, but the Rex engine results in a white globe within NightshadeNG.  We are not overriding the shader factory or anything and are using the established osgEarth APIs.  Literally the only change we made to the .earth file is to change the driver to Rex.  It behaves especially bad with our custom atmosphere injection.  Any info on changes to the API?

white globe upon startup: entered a github issue about this.  Makes it pretty bad for large, multilayered datasets (eg 4+ blended layers including topo).




On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 2:01 PM, jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI Carol,

We don't have an updated change log just yet.  Let me work on that tomorrow.  It'll be posted at http://docs.osgearth.org/en/latest/releasenotes.html as we change it.

Thanks!

Jason

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM djg318 [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jason. 

 

Is the list of what the new release includes published somewhere?

 

Thanks,

Carol aka djg318

 

 

From: jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] [mailto:[hidden email][hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:46 PM
To: Rydzak, Carol-P28503
Subject: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

 

Hi all,

We're preparing for an osgEarth 2.8 release very soon and would appreciate any testing and feedback from the community.  If there are any issues please add them to Github so we can track them.

Thanks!

Jason


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698.html

To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698p7589700.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML

gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Arthur,

Rex is not strictly a replacement for MP (MP will still be the default terrain engine in 2.8). So if MP is working well for you, stick with it.

Use of shader composition is the same for both engines. So, not sure what the issue is there. Perhaps we can chase that down in a separate thread/issue.

The "white globe" issue is not a defect, that is just how rex works, and that won't be changing for 2.8.

Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Philippe Renon Philippe Renon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Master compiles fine under msys2/mingw.

Just a single warning but it is related to mingw (and not osgearth) :)

Will try to find the time to test our app with it.
Philippe Renon Philippe Renon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

And LibrePilot GCS (http://www.librepilot.org) seems to run fine too.
Alexander Bobkov Alexander Bobkov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Built under VS 2015 x64, OSG 3.4, Qt 5.6, GDAL 2.1.0.
Tested my applications. Everything works after updating to new feature source interface.
JD JD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Sorry, I have a regression about tesselation.
Issue is #786
remoe remoe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
boston.earth with "--shadows" doesn't work on win64. I don't see any shadow.

Cheers,
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Remo,
Did you also use --sky? --shadows requires a sky. It is working for me on Windows 10/x64.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
remoe remoe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

ok, thanks, yes it works but with a lot of aliasing and i see some offsets of the shadow:




Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Remo, the issue is known and is tracked here.
https://github.com/gwaldron/osgearth/issues/779

Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
remoe remoe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

In reply to this post by jasonbeverage
Debug Driver crash:

add: "<debug />" for example on "readymap.earth"
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer
ADB ADB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Getting seg fault with the mercator_to_plate_carre.earth file

~/source/osgearth-git/osgearth/tests$ osgearth_viewer mercator_to_plate_carre.earth  
[osgEarth]  [Map] cache=none; policy=read-write; bin=no
[osgEarth]  [engine_mp driver] Activated!
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities] Detected hardware capabilities:
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Vendor = NVIDIA Corporation
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Renderer = GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Version = 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture units = 32
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture coord indices = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU attributes = 16
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Depth buffer bits = 24
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max texture size = 16384
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max lights = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL Version = 450
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture arrays = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   3D textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Multitexturing = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   draw instanced = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   uniform buffer objects = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   NPOT textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffers = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffer max size = 134217728
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Transform feedback = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Compression = ARB S3 RG
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)


On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM, remoe [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Debug Driver crash:

add: "<debug />" for example on "readymap.earth"
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698p7589758.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML

jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Remo,

You need to add the debug driver like this:
 <image driver="debug"/>

I'm not getting a crash here when I do that

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:44 PM ADB [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Getting seg fault with the mercator_to_plate_carre.earth file

~/source/osgearth-git/osgearth/tests$ osgearth_viewer mercator_to_plate_carre.earth  
[osgEarth]  [Map] cache=none; policy=read-write; bin=no
[osgEarth]  [engine_mp driver] Activated!
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities] Detected hardware capabilities:
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Vendor = NVIDIA Corporation
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Renderer = GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Version = 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture units = 32
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture coord indices = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU attributes = 16
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Depth buffer bits = 24
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max texture size = 16384
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max lights = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL Version = 450
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture arrays = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   3D textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Multitexturing = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   draw instanced = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   uniform buffer objects = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   NPOT textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffers = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffer max size = 134217728
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Transform feedback = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Compression = ARB S3 RG
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)


On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM, remoe [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Debug Driver crash:

add: "<debug />" for example on "readymap.earth"
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698p7589758.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

In reply to this post by ADB
ADB what version of GDAL are you building against?  I just tried that example and it worked fine.

Jason

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:33 PM Jason Beverage <[hidden email]> wrote:
Remo,

You need to add the debug driver like this:
 <image driver="debug"/>

I'm not getting a crash here when I do that

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:44 PM ADB [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Getting seg fault with the mercator_to_plate_carre.earth file

~/source/osgearth-git/osgearth/tests$ osgearth_viewer mercator_to_plate_carre.earth  
[osgEarth]  [Map] cache=none; policy=read-write; bin=no
[osgEarth]  [engine_mp driver] Activated!
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities] Detected hardware capabilities:
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Vendor = NVIDIA Corporation
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Renderer = GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Version = 4.5.0 NVIDIA 361.42
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture units = 32
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU texture coord indices = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max GPU attributes = 16
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Depth buffer bits = 24
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max texture size = 16384
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Max lights = 8
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   GLSL Version = 450
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture arrays = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   3D textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Multitexturing = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   draw instanced = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   uniform buffer objects = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   NPOT textures = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffers = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Texture buffer max size = 134217728
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Transform feedback = yes
[osgEarth]  [Capabilities]   Compression = ARB S3 RG
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
[osgEarth]* [Map] Map is projected, but the configured profile SRS (WGS 84) is not projected; it will be ignored.
[osgEarth]* [Map] Warning, not yet able to establish a map profile!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)


On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM, remoe [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Debug Driver crash:

add: "<debug />" for example on "readymap.earth"
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland, @crocomer



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.osgearth.org/osgEarth-2-8-call-for-testing-tp7589698p7589758.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.
NAML
ADB ADB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

I'm built on Ubuntu 16.04 x64 with 
OSG v. 3.4
GDAL v. 1.11.3
Proj4 v. 4.9.2


On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM, jasonbeverage [via osgEarth] <[hidden email]> wrote:
ADB what version of GDAL are you building against?  I just tried that example and it worked fine.

Jason

jay jay
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: osgEarth 2.8 call for testing!

Trying build it with OSG3.4 , gdal 2.1.3 on Centos

Issue on 88% osgearth_viewer

undefined reference to GDALDataset::RASTERIO()

error ld return 1 exit status

Loading...