6 messages Options
Michele Onnis Michele Onnis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

osgEarth and elevations from GeoServer

Hi all,

I'm writing an osgEarth application with local DTEDs / DEMs properly configured and showed in my terrain. Now, I'm trying to move every map / elevation data in a GeoServer, configuring osgEarth with proper layers configured with WMS / WCS drivers.

Raster layers are not a problem and everything works perfectly.

I am in trouble with elevation informations. WCS driver seems written to support ArcGis WCS service implementations (I have tried to read some source file like osgearth/src/osgEarthDrivers/wcs/WCS11Source.cpp) and I have failed in every attempt to get a working elevation layer based on wcs driver pointing my GeoServer instance.

I have tried to get elevations through WMS, no hope.

Someone managed to get a working configuration like this? I realize that it is a mixed question osgEarth / GeoServer.

Regards

-- Michele
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: osgEarth and elevations from GeoServer

Michele,

The WCS driver is osgEarth is *really* old and barely ever used, so I am not surprised that it isn't working for you. I suspect it is just very out of date and you will need to dive in and update it to get things going.

(By the way, WMS is not appropriate for elevation data, so that is not the right path.)

Sorry I can't be of more help .. -gw
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Michele Onnis Michele Onnis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Thank you so much for your support.

Reading the driver sources, it seemed to understand that the only real problem is the construction of a proper HTTP request to the server (the current HTTP request does not meet the format required by the GeoServer in some fields). By changing the code in the WCS driver section that built the HTTP request, the server should in theory give me back the "tile" and the (old) driver might work with this unique correction.

I think I will make this last attempt. I ask if the reasoning may be correct. If the change will work, and you believe that it is useful, I'll share the solution.

-- Michele
Thomas Stegemann Thomas Stegemann
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nice, I'm also interested in the solution.
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Michele Onnis
Sounds good to me. If you get it working, please submit a PR through github and we will merge it.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
Thomas Stegemann Thomas Stegemann
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Michele Onnis
Any progress here? ping