classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

osgearth_seed throwing exception

Hi Guys,

I am using osgearth_seed to generate the cache and getting an exception. I get this exception whenever i try to cache a large dataset. I did some profilingand found out that this exception occurs as soon as my system ran out of memory. I have got 2GB of ram on my machine. During last run of osgearth_seed initial RAM utilization was 670 MB in the starting and towards the end of exception it reaches around 2.5 GB including Virtual memory on my system.

Is this expected behavior or is it a memory leak in the process of generating cache ?

Kind Regards
RJ
jasonbeverage jasonbeverage
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: osgearth_seed throwing exception

Hi RJ,

What version of osgearth are you using?  There was a memory leak that was present at one point in the system but should be fixed now in the svn head.

Thanks,

Jason

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Rahulj (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am using osgearth_seed to generate the cache and getting an exception. I get this exception whenever i try to cache a large dataset. I did some profilingand found out that this exception occurs as soon as my system ran out of memory. I have got 2GB of ram on my machine. During last run of osgearth_seed initial RAM utilization was 670 MB in the starting and towards the end of exception it reaches around 2.5 GB including Virtual memory on my system.

Is this expected behavior or is it a memory leak in the process of generating cache ?

Kind Regards
RJ

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/osgearth-seed-throwing-exception-tp3730826p3730826.html
To start a new topic under osgEarth, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from osgEarth, click here.

Rahulj Rahulj
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: osgearth_seed throwing exception

Hi Jason ,

I am using osgEarth 1.2. I will update my tree and let you know the status.
Kind Regards
RJ