Picking placenodes with ObjectID picker...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
2LR 2LR
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Picking placenodes with ObjectID picker...

I currently have some placenodes displayed on the screen with just an icon (32x32 pixels) and no text.

Using the ObjectID picker, I can pick them with the mouse but the radius of the pick is much too large. Right now, it registers a hit with the placenode when the mouse cursor is quite a ways from the placenode icon. When I have a bunch of placenodes in the area, this becomes problematic when I zoom out for the obvious reasons.

Is there a way to tighten up the hit radius so that I only pick the placenode when I hover right over the icon?

I tried setting setBuffer(...) in my ObjectID picker to different values, including setBuffer(1) but to no avail.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated...

-S
remoe remoe
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Picking placenodes with ObjectID picker...

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Remo Eichenberger, Switzerland
2LR 2LR
Reply | Threaded
|

So...I did some more testing with the ObjectID picker and found some interesting results.

When I increased the size of the RTT image from the default of 256 to 1024, I got much better results in picking annotations such as LabelNodes and PlaceNodes. Apparently, increasing the RTT image size removes a lot of the "sloppiness" in the pick of 2D annotation types.

Interestingly, 3D annotation types such as CircleNodes and other types of 3D geometry (e.g. ModelNodes) don't seem to be affected by the RTT image size. The pick is accurate regardless of the RTT image size in these cases.

Not sure what the consequences are in terms of performance by increasing the RTT image size, but I get much better results and more accurate picks of 2D annotations when I do it.

-S
gwaldron gwaldron
Reply | Threaded
|

Shayne,
I think this is actually a regression. There was code that compensated with the difference in RTT resolution versus display resolution, but it seems not to be working in ObjectIDPicker. May I recommend you open a GitHub issue so we can track this? Thanks.
Glenn Waldron / Pelican Mapping
2LR 2LR
Reply | Threaded
|

Done.